BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Peru, United States
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here on our way to Washington DC for a family trip. Lovely hotel; clean, comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. If we hadn't driven straight through on the way back home, I would've stayed here again. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed in this hotel last year: i have to say that this is the A one friendley service hotel. Service was same as i got last year. i stayed in king size bed which i always love it. Room was very clean and bed which i like tight and wrinkle free. I have to say that many of their staffs members are same which is great for the business i think!! majority of restaurents within walking distance. Clost to downtown and hassle free of traffic. The only changes i saw is that their hot tub is closed in pool area but i did not care about it. Upon asking, they said it is permanantly close due to lot of issues with mechnical problem. Pool is open and it is beautiful. i love this time egg with cheese omlet in B.fast which is they added looks like. Any way so far my stay was good.

Room Tip: they do have hot tub room which is suit for additional cost.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Travelling from North Carolina to Fort Wayne. Canal Winchester was a great stop over. Motel was clean and quiet. New carpets and lots of furniture for smaller room. Pleasant staff and lots of places to have a meal. We will use this Best Western again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
36149, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear JJ L,

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words and I will pass on the appreciation accordingly with our staff.

Feel free to contact us directly with any plans for a future stay.

Decatur, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My family & I chose to stay at the Best Western in Canal Winchester because of the great reviews it had received on Trip Advisor, plus we have ALWAYS had great service at a Best Western Hotel. When making the reservation, I had requested adjoining rooms. I was told that adjoining rooms could not be guaranteed, but most likely our request would be fulfilled. I had also said that if we could not get adjoining rooms, could we at least have rooms on the bottom level because my father has knee issues. I was told they would make a note of it, and it shouldn't be a problem. These reservations had been made at least 6 weeks in advance. When we checked in on Friday, the rooms we were assigned didn't fulfill either of our requests. The lady at the front desk was very apologetic and told us that we could move to an adjoining room at first availability and to check the next morning. My father talked to Tammy at the front desk on Saturday morning regarding our rooms and she was very rude. She said there was nothing the hotel could do and didn't even offer to check the availability of rooms that were adjoining or on the first floor. She made my father feel like his concern didn't matter because the hotel had already received their payment. To top it off, we were gone for several hours and arrived back to find that one of our two rooms had not even been cleaned. I was very disappointed in our stay at the Best Western in Canal Winchester, especially since I had read such wonderful reviews for this location. My family and I were disappointed that some of the staff were not friendly and accommodating. As much as we enjoyed our time around the Columbus area, we most likely will not choose this Best Western again. It's a shame because I trusted the reviews I had read. Thank you for your time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
36149, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced throughout your stay. I have addressed these issues with our Front Desk staff. It is a fact that we do not guarantee connecting rooms or room types due to the fact we are not sure what business is arriving days prior to reservations. We always try to accommodate requests for adjoining rooms and first or second floor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and we hope we will get the opportunity to assist you if or when you return to our area. Thank you!

Best Regards!
Best Western Plus Canal WInchester Inn
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel has everything around in the immediate area that you could possibly think of that you would need, (i.e. grocery stores, Walmart, Hallmark, UPS, Eateries Galore,)... Centrally located to Columbus, Carroll, Lancaster, Canal Winchester of course..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Becky N

I am so happy you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words and I will pass on the appreciation accordingly to our staff.

Feel free to contact us with any plans for a future stay.

Marietta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a real nice trip to Canal Winchester and Groveport Ohio in part by the great service and value provided at the Best Western. The check in couldnt be easier and friendlier and I always recieve an email reciept which makes my business expense process so much easier . The staff provided Great hospitality and the cost was a great value at a nice location for walking to shopping and resturants

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear David L.

I want to Thank You for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. It is great to hear that we met your expectations.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and the staff and service is excellent! We look forward to our next stay there! Excellent room, great rates, fantastic accommodations! We booked the room with the hot tub and it is definitely big enough for two! We are looking forward to our next trip and stay there!

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, check out their great rates and packages that are available. The hot tub s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Suzanne D.

I am so happy you had an enjoyable stay. Thank You for the kind words. I will most certainly pass on the appreciation accordingly.

Best Western Plus Canal WInchester Inn
Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster

Been to BEST WESTERN Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East? Share your experiences!