“Family owned restaurant with a great Chef”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is a nice casual restaurant with a friendly atmosphere. Daily specials and a good variety of selections on the menu. The bakery is fabulous, from Cheesecakes to yummy Rice Pudding, everyone will find a favorite.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This restaurant is averaging 4 stars, but I cannot in all honesty give it that rating. It is basically Italian Cuisine, although they do serve hamburgers, chicken dishes, salads, etc.. I feel that no matter what is ordered by the patron, (boiled rocks included) it should be appealing and have a touch of flair. Hence, the three stars in my book.That said, here is my review.

Easy entrance and exit from the main road. Plenty of parking. Clean, but dated and worn looking. Can accommodate large groups, perhaps weddings and social gatherings. Bathroom large. Air-conditioned on a muggy day. Waitress, very nice. Bakery items on display as soon as you come into the dining room.

My husband ordered the steak sandwich on garlic toast with a side salad for $1.00 extra. The sandwich was tasty, but the salad was pitiful. Iceberg lettuce, a few leaves of raw spinach, one-half tomato cut in two. Zip. That's it. At least throw on a slice of cucumber and a carrot shred...maybe one olive? A teaspoon of feta cheese? Something more than just a bowl of lettuce. For the EXTRA cost, a diner should expect just a little more to tantalize the taste-buds as well as eye appeal.

I had the egg and green pepper sandwich on toast with a side (no extra charge) of coleslaw. The coleslaw was swimming in Marzetti (or some kind of dressing). Crunchy, but swimming! If you like a drier coleslaw, ask them to drain it or just do not order it in the first place. The egg sandwich had two strips of green pepper. Two! A mixed medley of peppers (hot, etc.) was an extra charge. Really? At $6.95 for an egg sandwich? The toast was not buttered, there was no lettuce, not even a slice of tomato. As wet as the coleslaw was...the sandwich was bone-dry. The eggs looked scrambled and then poured into a very hot skillet, searing them brown and rubbery. (Those of you who cook, know that a lower heat will help prevent this.)

Yes, I know I could have asked the waitress if she could bring me tomato, lettuce, mayo...something...anything...BUT I should not have to ask for things to make an item on their menu more inspiring! That is a discussion between the owners and the chef before the menu is printed.

Both of our plates had one sandwich cut on the diagonal. No sprig of parsley, no kosher pickle wedge, not one potato chip to off-set its sterile setting. How many times can I say uninspiring and unappealing without sounding repetitious?

In all probability, we will not revisit Angenetta's Cafe and Bakery if in the Canfield area again. We will no doubt see what their competition has to offer.

1  Thank LindaMargaret
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Entered solo on early Sat Afternoon. Restaurant was not busy at all. Was told I can sit anywhere. As I was going to sit I was told to sit on the other side. I was brought a menu and asked what I wanted to drink and was brought a Pepsi. Occupying myself, I noticed almost 15 minutes had gone by. I went up to the counter and the waitresses were gathered together folding boxes. I asked if someone could take my order (but perhaps the boxes were more important). The Reuben sandwich was very good and very filling. The wedding soup tasted a bit weak and was not real steaming hot. They have a large mixed menu , heavy on the Italian, so there is something for everyone.Desserts looked spectacular. Prices are moderate. Restaurant is very nice inside and very family oriented. Judging from other reviews, Service is spotty, and you never know if you are going to get good service or not.

1  Thank CAT_AJM
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Small local restaurant tucked behind the main road in Canfield. The food is generally good and the service so-so, good value.

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

A big thank you to Phyllis, Tony and Angela for putting together the perfect Bereavement Luncheon for my family and friends. Everyone raved about the food and the restaurant environment that made them feel so welcome. It was perfect and I could not recommend them enough for anyone in need of a catered event at their lovely restaurant.