“Best Value in the Area”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Windsor, Canada
“Best Value in the Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have business in the Canton area and since there are no Hyatts here I end up staying at my second choice chain - Marriott. Consistently the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton is the least expensive option with the nicest hotel. It is pretty much like most other Fairfield Inns, but for some reason it is always $40 or $50 cheaper than the Residence Inn right next door. I don't find there to be that big of a difference (or much of one at all) between a Residence Inn and a Fairfield to justify the expense. I know that the Residence Inns are more of an extended stay hotel, have a kitchenette, etc., but when I'm there for only a night, that isn't a selling feature for me.

The hotel has the basic amenities, they usually have 2 queens or a king to a room, the TV can be seen from both beds and the desk when swiveled, no seating area which isn't a huge deal really, and it is usually clean. Bathroom is an average hotel bathroom. Breakfast is typical, not as nice as Hyatt's, but it is okay, usually just grab coffee and a muffin here, maybe a yogurt.

Overall, when staying in Canton, this is my choice of hotel. There have been changes in the area and I have been told about Atwood Lake Lodge that is closer to my customer I usually visit, which I will likely try next time.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff with you that you need to take to the room, ask for one on the first floo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Hotel was perfect for what we needed. The lady who checked us in named Jessica was AWESOME! Great location so we were able to visit many places in Ohio. Very close to the Pro Football Hall of Fame ( Go Cowboys ! ). We also drove to Cedar Point Amusement Park - What Fun!

• Stayed August 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Never thought I'd be writing that about a Fairfield Inn!

First the staff here is superb. The front desk folks greet you on your way in and out. The breakfast ladies kept everything filled and fresh. When there was a problem - the Canton Water Department had a water emergency and had to shut the water off to the whole area - they warned me in advance with enough time for me to get a quick shower.

My room was kept fresh and clean every day and the TV has plenty of channels. WiFi is free and fast.

Now for the breakfast. Most Fairfield's have improved theirs but still fall short of my expectations. This hotel exceeded them. Several varieties of yogurt, cereal, fruit and oatmeal plus the usual eggs and sausage. They also have a waffle maker but this is the first hotel that kindly provides sliced strawberries for the waffle! Awesome!

The only issue that needs addressing is the city's not theirs: the driveway into the hotel has a big pot hole and I hit it leaving the first day. Woke me up and I noticed painting in the road so maybe repairs are already planned.

Make sure you stay here! I sure will when I return to Canton!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ron L
Mitrovica, Kosovo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We enjoyed our stayed here. It was a good location and very close to our family we were visiting in the neighbourhood. Great shops and restaurants within easy commuting distance to the hotel. The staff were great, very polite and friendly as well as made us feel welcome. We'll definitely stay here again when we're next in North Canton.

Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our visit to Canton, Ohio was for the purpose of going to the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame so we decided to find a place to stay overnight before going on to Cleveland. We prebooked our reservation here. Upon arriving, we were greeted by a friendly, smiling person at the check in counter. She was efficient and helpful with providing us with information about our hotel and local places to eat and visit. Our room was clean and bed was comfortable, nice TV, lots of towels. We did not get a chance to enjoy the pool, hot tub or gym or did we take advantage of the breakfast. I would say it was a great experience. When checking out, the manager told us he hoped we enjoyed our stay and would come back, he seemed very appreciative that we chose to stay here. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Canton!

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Jack, the manager and his staff were very friendly and provided outstanding customer service. Rooms were cleaned daily. The pool and hot tub were very refreshing and clean. There is an exercise room as well. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The hotel was very clean. Jessie at the front desk went above and beyond to help me with a work item. Staff was nice, breakfast was good and coffee was always hot. We did come in while it was raining and I could only suggest they have a cover to drive under to unload. Otherwise I highly suggest this Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family