“An outstanding Parent weekend at this Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Madison, Alabama, United States
“An outstanding Parent weekend at this Hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Really awesome Fairfield, the staff and in particular Mandi made us feel at home. I am a 200+ nights a year Marriott guest (mostly full service, with occasional Fairfield or Courtyards) and this hotel beats them all for cleanliness, friendly staff (but not annoyingly fake friendly like some hotels) so I can not wait to come back for another visit. Our daughter attends Mount Union and this was very convenient to her location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

As a road warrior, I want cleanliness, safety and a decent breakfast. This hotel was fine on those points, but where it stood out was on service. I arrived very early (11AM) and asked if I could sit in the lobby and work on my laptop until check-in. The manager said that this wouldn't be necessary and they would find me a room immediately. This has never happened before at a hotel where I was allowed to check-in this early. When the manager learned that I didn't have a car, he offered to arrange to drive me to a restaurant. On Monday - Wednesday evenings there were hors d'oeuvres for 'client appreciation'. And at the lobby desk was cold, fruit-infused water 24/7 (changed regularly).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara L
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel was conveniently located for all of our wedding needs throughout the weekend. The staff is what sets this hotel apart from others. All are very genuine, polite and accomodating. It is easy to see they love their jobs as service professionals. On my last morning there I had slept in a bit late and missed breakfast... I didn't inquire about meal options as I knew that had already closed down the buffet. I was approached by a young lady at 12pm as I was checking out who works on the breakfast buffet who asked me, "Did you get breakfast this morning? If not I can get you something." This offer was completely unprovoked but was instead a perfect anticipation of my needs. This was a prime example of the level of hospitality this team embraces. Definitely a WOW experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan B
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This Fairfield Inn is located close to almost everything in Canton and North Canton, Ohio. Upon entering the lobby, we were greeted with a smile and a cup of cold water with real fuit in it. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. While we couldn't find time to use the inside pool or fitness areas, we did find time for the (included) super hot breakfast. We found the Football Hall of Fame only about 5 minutes away. This is the second five day stay at this Fairfield Inn..the other time was about a year ago. The Fairfield Inn continues to meet and exceed our expectations. Note. There are several very good wineries within about 30 minutes. One is located on 55th street west of Market St, another off Cleveland Massillon Rd, South of the reservior in Copley and Sarah Winery, located on Steels Corner across from Blossom Music Center's entrance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Buckeyebiker
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have business in the Canton area and since there are no Hyatts here I end up staying at my second choice chain - Marriott. Consistently the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton is the least expensive option with the nicest hotel. It is pretty much like most other Fairfield Inns, but for some reason it is always $40 or $50 cheaper than the Residence Inn right next door. I don't find there to be that big of a difference (or much of one at all) between a Residence Inn and a Fairfield to justify the expense. I know that the Residence Inns are more of an extended stay hotel, have a kitchenette, etc., but when I'm there for only a night, that isn't a selling feature for me.

The hotel has the basic amenities, they usually have 2 queens or a king to a room, the TV can be seen from both beds and the desk when swiveled, no seating area which isn't a huge deal really, and it is usually clean. Bathroom is an average hotel bathroom. Breakfast is typical, not as nice as Hyatt's, but it is okay, usually just grab coffee and a muffin here, maybe a yogurt.

Overall, when staying in Canton, this is my choice of hotel. There have been changes in the area and I have been told about Atwood Lake Lodge that is closer to my customer I usually visit, which I will likely try next time.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff with you that you need to take to the room, ask for one on the first floo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Hotel was perfect for what we needed. The lady who checked us in named Jessica was AWESOME! Great location so we were able to visit many places in Ohio. Very close to the Pro Football Hall of Fame ( Go Cowboys ! ). We also drove to Cedar Point Amusement Park - What Fun!

• Stayed August 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Never thought I'd be writing that about a Fairfield Inn!

First the staff here is superb. The front desk folks greet you on your way in and out. The breakfast ladies kept everything filled and fresh. When there was a problem - the Canton Water Department had a water emergency and had to shut the water off to the whole area - they warned me in advance with enough time for me to get a quick shower.

My room was kept fresh and clean every day and the TV has plenty of channels. WiFi is free and fast.

Now for the breakfast. Most Fairfield's have improved theirs but still fall short of my expectations. This hotel exceeded them. Several varieties of yogurt, cereal, fruit and oatmeal plus the usual eggs and sausage. They also have a waffle maker but this is the first hotel that kindly provides sliced strawberries for the waffle! Awesome!

The only issue that needs addressing is the city's not theirs: the driveway into the hotel has a big pot hole and I hit it leaving the first day. Woke me up and I noticed painting in the road so maybe repairs are already planned.

Make sure you stay here! I sure will when I return to Canton!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo