“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having sold our Canton home and moving most belongings into storage, we needed a place to stay for 2 nights as we visited local family before departing for our temporary residence in PA. The weather was terrible, and it had been a very trying day! The wonderful welcoming service of the entire staff and the comfort of our room was PERFECT!!! We will definitely plan to stay at the Fairfield during future visits to Canton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I travelled with a group of 6 to Canton for work. So we created a "rush" when we checked in. The GM happened through the lobby and jumped in to help check us in. We needed a suggestion for dinner and we were given a awesome suggestion of where to dine. That night the city was due to get 5-10 inches of snow(unless you got sleet then is was about 4 inches of snow and 3 of sleet, we got the later) and the GM tried to get us to go to dinner early to make sure we weren't caught by the weather. The next morning I saw that the GM had stayed on property that night and he was up before dawn to make sure the guests were taken care of. He was up shoveling snow and digging cars out and he offered to start our cars for us. This is the hotel's General Manager Jack who lead the excellent customer service by example. The rooms were super clean. There was hot food in the lobby each time we came back in after working our 10 hour days. The breakfast was also great. I've mention the GM several times but the entire staff was awesome. We even had bottle water and snacks placed in our room along with a personal note thanking us for our stay. My company prides its self on providing great Customer Service so when I experience great Customer Service I have to let others know. If the Fairfield Inn and Suites are a option on future travel I will definitely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Work brought me into the Canton area on one of the coldest days of the year. Mandi made my check-in as smooth as possible and was sure to be overly accommodating when I had a slight heating issue in my room. Certainly this wasn't her fault, but her exceptional customer service skills never had me think another thing of it! I've always believed that it's not preventing unforeseen situations, but how unforeseen situations are handled that keeps guests, customers, and clients returning. Later that evening I even received a personal e-mail from the manager apologizing for the inconvenience. I commended him for having Mandi on his team cause she was sure to handle the situation in a manner that never made me even think twice about having to pop into a different room for the evening. I've been sure to return to the same hotel as business brings me to the area and the service remains consistent. By far the best Fairfield Inn experience I've had to date - was recently in Toledo expecting the same and was largely disappointed. The Canton location has raised the bar!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Southaven, MS
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was recently in Canton for the weekend and booked this hotel from reviews. I am a bit of a hotel snob and hadn't stayed in a Fairfield Inn in years. I was VERY happy with my choice! I arrived after 9 p.m. and was greeted by very friendly desk staff who checked me in and had answers to any questions I might have before I asked. The room was fine for me. EXTREMELY clean - and believe me - I check the cleanliness! I had breakfast in the hotel each morning and it was the average hotel breakfast. What sets this hotel apart is the staff. Every single employee I came in contact with was very friendly, greeted me, had a smile on their face and asked if I needed anything. It did not come off as forced either. The only problem I had with the hotel is that I could hear everything the upstairs guests did. Maybe they were heavy footed, but at times it was annoying.
I will definitely be back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Madison, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Really awesome Fairfield, the staff and in particular Mandi made us feel at home. I am a 200+ nights a year Marriott guest (mostly full service, with occasional Fairfield or Courtyards) and this hotel beats them all for cleanliness, friendly staff (but not annoyingly fake friendly like some hotels) so I can not wait to come back for another visit. Our daughter attends Mount Union and this was very convenient to her location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

As a road warrior, I want cleanliness, safety and a decent breakfast. This hotel was fine on those points, but where it stood out was on service. I arrived very early (11AM) and asked if I could sit in the lobby and work on my laptop until check-in. The manager said that this wouldn't be necessary and they would find me a room immediately. This has never happened before at a hotel where I was allowed to check-in this early. When the manager learned that I didn't have a car, he offered to arrange to drive me to a restaurant. On Monday - Wednesday evenings there were hors d'oeuvres for 'client appreciation'. And at the lobby desk was cold, fruit-infused water 24/7 (changed regularly).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara L
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel was conveniently located for all of our wedding needs throughout the weekend. The staff is what sets this hotel apart from others. All are very genuine, polite and accomodating. It is easy to see they love their jobs as service professionals. On my last morning there I had slept in a bit late and missed breakfast... I didn't inquire about meal options as I knew that had already closed down the buffet. I was approached by a young lady at 12pm as I was checking out who works on the breakfast buffet who asked me, "Did you get breakfast this morning? If not I can get you something." This offer was completely unprovoked but was instead a perfect anticipation of my needs. This was a prime example of the level of hospitality this team embraces. Definitely a WOW experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends