“we had a terrible experience and i would not recommend it.”
Review of Knights Inn Canton

Knights Inn Canton
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 10 June 2011

my family and i stayed there, we got up the next morning decided to go to walmart to pick up extra personal items that we needed because the stay was unexpected so we had no personal items, we were not checking out we left the room about 8 45am. My husband left his cell phone, wallet and a few more items in the room. We checked out at
walmart around 9 30am and returned to room. We returned to our room and my husband wallet was gone. So he went to front office to speak with someone the man working the front desk was very rude, and told him he would send the manager down. We waited seems like forever, the manager comes around the corner just cussing and going on, my husband said someone has taken my wallet out of my room. He did not care, so i said im calling the police., the manager says good call the police i will do my own report. Once the police arrived the manager had fled the premises, he was no where to be found. We received no help from the hotel staff and not an apology or anything to try to help. so unfortunate to say i think this was an inside job, The manager was very unprofessional and unmoved of our situation. The police were very nice and they did everything possible to get that manager to come back and talk to us face to face, but that goes to show that some hotels dont care about their patrons. i woud not recommend anyone to stay there or at least, please dont make the same mistake my husband did, not everyone is trustworthy. Very bad experience. stay away

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Canton

Reviewed 29 August 2010

front door had broken frame cheaply screwed back together, could see daylight thru cracks! carpet is hit, smells bad, pretty safe to say they dont wash comforts, cleaning personal doesn't do a good job,(found a used razor in bathroom) and even if they did, man that place needs fixed up or torn down! Also room didnt even have a mini fridge? Police were there on the loud speaker calling someone out of another room, etc etc.
ants kept crawing up the nightstand, manger at front desk is a prik. im just an average bizzness man traveling solo, and wouldnt stay there again. dont plan on using internet there either, very weak signal & when i did pick it up it would dissapear again?
i didnt know it was a no tell motel. front desk seemed to aready be aware of all this> wow!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Spent the night here for one night with about ten other people. The room wasn't messy, the bathroom was clean, and the beds were alright. We did find a couple pot seeds on the ground. The beds were comfy, but the front door seemed a little iffy, it seemed like it would close all of the way. The mini fridge wasn't cold and the alarm clock didn't work. The prices were great however and there is a minimum age of 18 to check into the hotel so it all worked out for us. Great night in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Do I really need to say more?! Condom on bathroom floor - in the open, changed rooms to find bugs infesting the room, ants the size of Mexican roaches. The scary part was the staff wasn't at all shocked, thinking they get these kind of complaints often! GO ELSEWHERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank homerevolvers08
Reviewed 4 September 2008

This isn't the worst place I stayed, but you get what you pay for. The floor was uneven and the carpet needs to be replaced. The bathtub faucet was jammed into the shower position. The caulking in the bathroom was extra-wide leading me to believe new caulk may have been put over old (possibly moldy) caulk.

This place was popular with construction crews and their trucks so the parking lot was difficult to navigate.

Breakfast was standard mediocre fare--bagels, mini-muffins, and cereal.

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Seein'_the_world
Reviewed 24 June 2008

My comments are in relation to my families recent stay at the Knights Inn in Canton OH, located at 3950 Convenience Dr NW. We were traveling to the Canton area for a family reunion and were told to stay in the North Canton area for our first night. Being a Wyndham Rewards member - I thought I would book via their website. There were two options in the area from the Wyndhams hotel family, the Knights Inn and the Days Inn. Since the Days Inn had so many bad reviews on various travel websites, we decided to stay at the Knights Inn. This was a mistake. I can not tell you how horrible I feel after my parents made the comment at our reunion in front of my relatives that what a horrible experience they had at the Knights Inn and why did I put them in such a place. While we are all on a limited budget, the Knights Inn is not the cheapest hotel in the area so I thought we would be ok, since I have had nice experiences before at Knights Inn. This hotel, however, was not the case. My parents room was filthy. There was left over pretzels & popcorn throughout the room. Their room (2-beds) smelled musty & there were cobwebs throughout the room. If it was not so late in the night, my parents would have preferred to go someplace else, however, being in their late 70's, they just wanted to sleep and move on. While my room (king) was not as dirty - the room had an awful musty smell, the carpeting was dirty and their was a dirty cleaning rag left in the tub.

When these issues were brought up to the front desk in the morning on 6-21, the individual basically said sorry. No offer to discount the room, no offer to remediate the poor condition of the room, and my father had to suggest to the front desk personal that they take a note to let house keeping know that they need to due better on cleaning the rooms.

This overall was a very poorly maintained Knights Inn, poor customer relation skills and attitude. I have notified Wyndham's corporate office of these concerns.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ToddintheRidge
Reviewed 30 July 2007

This hotel lived up to the old adage, you get what you pay for! The carpet was dirty, the room smelled, and worst of all, my wife came away with flea bites. We told the front desk the next morning and the person working just kind of blew us off. So, we knew that we had better call the manager and let him know. When my wife called, he promised to look into it and even credit our card back for the nights stay. Good enough! Well it's been one week and we havent heard anything from the manager nor have we seen a chargeback. I just called and he's NOW going to look into it and get back with us. Trust me, spend a few extra dollars and make your night on the road a little more enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business