“Inexpensive & friendly”
Review of Knights Inn Canton

Knights Inn Canton
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The staff is very friendly and it is inexpensive but I do some cleaning when I get there to bring it up to acceptable standards. The donuts are always stale in the AM and as that is all there is stay away from them unless you plan on feeding the birds. As I said it is inexpensive and we only go back because the staff is so nice.

Room Tip: Remember you get what you pay for
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CHRISTOPHER R

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Cheap place to stay in Canton. We visited the Pro Football Hall of Fame earlier in the day. Is it a 5 star hotel? Of course not. 4 stars? Nope. But most people staying in a Knights Inn know what they are getting for their money. It was clean, and close to the highways. Too many people have high expectations for a $50 a night hotel room. But let's face it. You want a room that's clean, with cable tv. And that's what we got for the night at this location. The breakfast was lousy. That's the only complaint I have. Desk manager was a cool guy too. I stay in hotels over thirty days a year (Knights Inn, Days Inn, Microtel), so I know what to expect in these types of hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steelchess77
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have been here before and keep going back because it is clean safe and friendly. Okay so the donuts in the Am are not very good but that is not why we stay at a motel. After a hard day at an Antique show we just want to relax in a clean room where we can read a good book in comfort. We can do that here and the staff is very nice. Yes, the room could use a good tarting up but we have stayed at other motels local to it for more than twice the price that were not as good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Once again my wife and I hit the road and we found ourselves in Canton, OHon buisness. The day we were to check out, we got a call from the front desk 30 min prior to checkout, asking if we intended to stay another night. We informed the head of housekeeping that we were leaving and requested a late checkout. She seemed reluctant but agreed. 5 min later we had a knock at the door from the maid, also asking if we were staying over. We told herwe had spoken with her boss and would be later. She rolled het eyes, sighed and stormed off, talking to herself as she left. We could hear her outside the door evey so often complaining that we were making her late. The second the clock hit 12 she ws banging on the door yelling "house keeping" and continued pounding on the door untill I made my way from the sink to the door. She informed me it was time to leave. I told her we would just be a few more min. She said she was going to get the manager.we had been there a week at this point. About a min latet the door began to shake on it's hinges from the manager pounding on it while announcing himself. All our bags eere packed and sitting on the bed. My wife was finishing her makeup. He began to yell at me even though I said we would be only a min or two. I shut the door and let him vent and bang the door until my wife was ready. Then we loaded the truck and drove away less than 5 min after checkout time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Gilligans_Tiki_Huts
Reviewed 3 September 2013

rooms are old, need walls & ceiling need lots of care. We had our dog with us so didn't have much of a choice. Other hotel we booked was worse than this, hey there were alot of nice new cars parked outside when we left. Room smelled clean & carpets were new, no bugs. Door frame was loose, lock wasn't that good

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kris B
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed in room 222 I had to ask the attendant for paper towels to clean the outside windows as they probably haven't been cleaned for years. However, the room was nice the bed somewhat comfortable but probably would recommend that you find another motel. The plus is that it is near the Football Hall of Fame

Room Tip: pool is open only until 930
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank George M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel was horrible. We certainly don't expect the Grand Hotel, but this was far below even par. Room was musty and felt dirty. Would NOT stay again, would NOT recommend to others. Only good things were a very friendly staff, and we didn't see any bugs.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family