“Outstanding collection of cars and memorabilia worth your time.”

Canton Classic Car Museum
Ranked #3 of 32 things to do in Canton
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's nostalgia museum filled with cars from 1904-1981, and lots of memorabilia.
Wooster, Ohio
“Outstanding collection of cars and memorabilia worth your time.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great museum with much to be looked at and admired. If you are older, you will see many things that you enjoyed as a child, or wish you had. You could spend days looking at the many interesting cars, motorcycles, bikes, toys, etc. etc. It was a great visit.

Visited April 2013

Alliance, Ohio
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

There may be classic car museums with more or with rarer "pieces," and some with more focus, but the combination of cars and Canton and Stark County and automotive memorabilia makes this one of the most interesting museums around. It's a great value, too.

Visited December 2013
Canton, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Classic Cars and Memorabelia”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Classic cars in excellent condition and all types of items tied to the cars, their age and Stark County, Ohio.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“day with dad”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is truly a hidden gem. I have lived in the Cleveland area my whole life and never knew of this place. This is an extensive collection of early cars ranging from very expensive to the very unique. There is more than stuff for gearheads here as the museum includes a vast collection of antiques and collectable household items. The staff is very knowledgeable about the items and historical significance of the Lincoln Highway that passes through Canton. Admission is very affordable and it is a place you’ll want to visit more than once. I hope the collection will expand to muscle cars of my era but this collection was awesome to see. It is not a sterile environment and you can get up close to the collection. This place is worth a stop if you are in the area or live nearby and have never visited before.

Visited November 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, Usa
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful Addition to Our Trip!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My father traveled to the Canton-Akron OH area to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame. While researching the the trip, I saw a few advertisements about the Canton Classic Car Museum and suggested to my father the we see it while we were in the area.

The museum is in downtown Canton OH in an historic building that was once a Car Dealership. Upon entering, my father and I warmly greeted by the gentleman manning the cash register. He asked us were we were from and chatted with us briefly. He then explained a little about the museum and some of the exhibits.

As other reviewers have mentioned, there was so much to see. While the classic cars were the main attraction, there is so much more. There is a ton of historic memorabilia telling the history of Canton OH. All of if very interesting. A little of everything you could image.

As for the cars, what can I say. This was the largest collection of cars I had ever seen. There was everything from 1908 car to a Ford Model T, to a Ford Mustang, to a Dodge Charger, to even an Amphicar built in the 1960's that could be used as a boat.

There was so much to see that it took about 3 hours to get through the whole museum. I also took more than 100 pictures of everything.

The experience was well worth the visit and a great addtiion to our trip to Canton OH!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kevin T

Been to Canton Classic Car Museum? Share your experiences!