“Very nice La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Was here for 3 days. The fridge froze most of my food and when I went to the front desk they let me replace it with items from the pantry they have, then they send a maintenance person up immediately after to fix it! Great front desk service. Excellent breakfast. Fitness room is a little hard to find on 2nd floor but has some weights, elliptical and treadmill. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to submit your review. I am glad you received the excellent service we strive to extend to each and every one of our guest. We hope to see you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stopped at the La Quinta Inn for a quick one night stay before visiting the Hall of Fame. There was nothing wrong with it. The room was decently sized, with a comfortable bed, a sizable bathroom, and a TV. It had a pool, a great continental breakfast, and a very convenient location. Everything was very clean, as well. The man at the front desk was very nice and helpful. It was a great place to stop for just one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick M

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we have to offer. I hope you enjoyed the visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame as we near the 2014 induction ceremonies. Hope you return for another enjoyable trip.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

this place was not all that bad.....its right down the road from the Hall of Fame which is why we were there.....there is no High Def TV and the bathroom is a little yucky.....the breakfast was marginal at best....but we will not stay here or any other la Quinta..... we accidentally left three brand new shirts in the cabinet in the room and when i called to come back and get them they were missing.....no one knew anything about it!!!! OH well i guess customer care is not their first priority...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I were just passing thru on our way to MI and after reading reviews decided to stay here and glad we did !!! Steve at the front is AMAZING so friendly and accommodating , rooms very clean and right off the hwy !!! They have it right here

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gornofam
LQ6384GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you choose our hotel during your trip and hope to see you back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for our vacation and it was perfect. The staff was so friendly and always had a smile and hello for us. Our room was great, beds were comfy, Amenities always filled and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. We will always stay at this hotel when we come to Canton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank moonyFlorida

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope you can return.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one nite . The staff were really nice...The room overall looked in good condition. Breakfast was great ...but I am picky the bathroom was dirty... ok shower was awful mildew under soap dish andthe shower bars and you could write your name on the walls ... I think were gonna not stay there again if we come back to Canton Oh...Wonderful town!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Crystal W

Thank you for submitting your review. Please contact me so we can discuss your issues if you would like as they are not common for our location. I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future as we strive to please each and every guest.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'll preface this review by saying my last stay at a La Quinta was in 2005 and I swore I would never stay at one of their facilities again. For some reason, almost all hotels in Akron/Canton the week I had scheduled were booked or rates were double what they normally would be. I booked this La Quinta out of necessity only and many of my comparisons come from my stays at Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn branded hotels across the Midwest.

To give you a description of the property, it is a converted late 90s - early 2000's Hampton Inn. It has been repainted and refreshed. You couldn't ask for a better location, very close to multiple restaurant choices within just a few minutes drive, and close to the interstate yet very quiet. I was very impressed with the desk staff. In many hotels, the staff just wants to get you checked in and out of their way so they can go back to texting. Not so here, the nice lady who greeted me genuinely welcomed me, explained the hotel amenities, made sure I was enrolled in La Quinta's frequent traveler program and answered any questions I had. There was a well stocked pantry in the lobby.

The room was in OK shape. There is a huge TV and a fair selection of channels, however none that I saw were in HD and some channels were fuzzy. The AC worded well but when sitting at the desk, you could see dust build up in the vents. Pillows were OK, linens so-so and mattress is a little on the soft side. My room had a microwave and fridge. Bathroom was clean, but the coffee maker is stored there so needless to say I did not take advantage in the in-room coffee service. I did not use the free Wi-Fi, only because I use my tablet's hotspot connection when I travel because the connection is almost always faster than what hotels provide. The carpet was "tired", it was clean but needs to be replaced soon.

The breakfast/common area is small and very crowded. The gentleman in charge of the continental breakfast was great! He asked how I was and if there was anything I needed and just like my interaction with the desk staff, he wanted to be sure I was taken care of. Breakfast consisted of standard fare: Cereal, danishes, bagels/muffins, fruit. There was a hot breakfast option; the day i stayed it was a egg, bacon and cheese bagel. Coffee was good.

Based on my experience, I will consider staying at a La Quinta property again. Based on how bad my 2005 experience was, that's saying something...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tbfltri8

Thank you for your time to submit such a detailed review. I am sure others will find it very helpful. I am glad you decided to give La Quinta another chance as we are continuing to make updates to our location. The next project is our TV package which should be completed soon. Hope to see you bake in the future.
Sandy Bradley,