“Nice dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://bellasitaliangrille.com/
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We started our dinner with drinks from the bar, my Cosmo was very good, smooth! An app of stuffed mushrooms were suggested by our waiter and they were alright. Kind of bland, not bad. I would not order again tho. The bread and olive oil was good. I ordered the Chicken parm/eggplant parm entree. It was a huge serving, again, good,, but sauce was not as saucy or cheesy as I would like. It was around 7ish Sunday evening on our visit, the restaurant was pretty empty but service was good and it was a relaxing time. I will go again most likely because I have heard rave reviews about the place so I surely will try it again.

1  Thank gail0116

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Yes, Bella's has a nice lake view and a friendly staff, but the food is subpar overall. My visit was with a group and they knew we were coming weeks in advance. The early arrivals could sit outside and they served drinks to us there. The lake is ringed with houses and marinas, although locals told us swimming is prohibited at times. The outside of the restaurant is weather beaten.

Once inside, we sat at nice tables in an oddly decorated area. Service was gracious and very very slow. Yes, a group appreciates the time to talk, but this was glacial -- some of us were there upwards of four hours.

Appetizers were underwhelming -- the stuffed mushrooms very strange. The bread was extremely under baked (white in color) and still raw dough. It seemed to be one of those frozen products. An good Italian restaurant should find a good local bread supplier or bake their own.

The main courses were hit or miss. Portion sizes were mid sized, not giant. My veal looked good, but did not have much flavor. Most of the group did not order dessert.

Choices beyond the chains are few in this area, so I can understand why locals go here. Long term, Bella's needs a good Italian chef to make this place a success.

1  Thank Railhistoryfan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Lasagna classico was fantastic. Cannelli de marc has too much broccoli flavor with no crab or shrimp hits in it. Prime rib was chewy. Waiter delightful and attentive. Bread was good but need better knife to cut. 6 dinners 4 very happy,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a great Italian restaurant. You can also enjoy a view
of Lake St. Marys, from most of the, tables.
My husband loves their tasty, caesar salad and fresh bread.
We like to share their homemade pizza, with pepporoni,
mushrooms and ham.
Their servers are also, very friendly and helpful. They can help you decide, between their many items on the menus.
This restaurant is a great place to try, anytime.

1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is nice, with lake views, but food is not very good. You can get better spaghetti sauce from a jar of Ragu

1  Thank eegb27