“Not very good food for an even worse value”

Bella's Italian Grille
Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Celina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: http://bellasitaliangrille.com/
ohio
“Not very good food for an even worse value”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you are going to make an attempt at higher end ( relative term) food , I am fine with paying higher prices. If you can't execute the dishes on your menu, then it's a fail. Salmon cooked medium should not be gray. Also, beware the upsell on everything , is this a restaurant or a used car lot? Server or salesman, I couldn't tell. Good location, nice view, good concept.

• Visited March 2014

Celina, Ohio, Usa
“Thumbs up on atmosphere and view, Thumbs down on food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very good service, nice atmosphere. Food leaves much be desired, though. I've been here several times and have only had one meal that was acceptable. Lunch was a better experience with a nice salad selection.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lisa S
St. Henry, Ohio
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A quaint family restaurant with a nice view of Grand Lake. Service was excellent. Seating available in a quiet and comfortable lounge/bar with televisions or in a nicely decorated dining room. Fettuccine Alfredo was tasty (broccoli was a touch crunchy). Mushroom ravioli was very good. Servings were appropriately sized. Small loaf of bread with garlic butter and olive oil/vinegar is a nice touch. Not a 5 star restaurant, but I would have no concerns with recommending it to friends.

• Visited December 2013
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We started our dinner with drinks from the bar, my Cosmo was very good, smooth! An app of stuffed mushrooms were suggested by our waiter and they were alright. Kind of bland, not bad. I would not order again tho. The bread and olive oil was good. I ordered the Chicken parm/eggplant parm entree. It was a huge serving, again, good,, but sauce was not as saucy or cheesy as I would like. It was around 7ish Sunday evening on our visit, the restaurant was pretty empty but service was good and it was a relaxing time. I will go again most likely because I have heard rave reviews about the place so I surely will try it again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank gail0116
Philadelphia
“Needs a real Italian cook”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Yes, Bella's has a nice lake view and a friendly staff, but the food is subpar overall. My visit was with a group and they knew we were coming weeks in advance. The early arrivals could sit outside and they served drinks to us there. The lake is ringed with houses and marinas, although locals told us swimming is prohibited at times. The outside of the restaurant is weather beaten.

Once inside, we sat at nice tables in an oddly decorated area. Service was gracious and very very slow. Yes, a group appreciates the time to talk, but this was glacial -- some of us were there upwards of four hours.

Appetizers were underwhelming -- the stuffed mushrooms very strange. The bread was extremely under baked (white in color) and still raw dough. It seemed to be one of those frozen products. An good Italian restaurant should find a good local bread supplier or bake their own.

The main courses were hit or miss. Portion sizes were mid sized, not giant. My veal looked good, but did not have much flavor. Most of the group did not order dessert.

Choices beyond the chains are few in this area, so I can understand why locals go here. Long term, Bella's needs a good Italian chef to make this place a success.

• Visited September 2013