“Comfort and Great View”

and 1 more site!
West Bank Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Celina B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a lake front hotel with balconies that overlook Grand lake. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff met and exceeded my expectations. I will be returning next year during the same time frame. That is the best recommendation I can give. I find this an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed for one day and an evening for a quick weekend getaway for our anniversary. We live 20 mints away and the restaurant next door was where my husband proposed to me. View from the lake was beautiful, there is a park down the road where we had planned to ride our bikes and enjoy the Music in the Park festivities which was walking distance. The room was one of the cleanest rooms I had ever seen even though older hotel. Planning to go again this year for anniversary. Only disappointment which was no fault of the hotel was that it rained all weekend so could not enjoy the park or the outdoors. But enjoyed the room with the balcony and the Jacuzzi tub in every room.

Room Tip: All rooms have view of the water and in room Jacuzzi's. Very, very, clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the West Bank Inn for 3 nights during Christmas 2013. The room was fairly nice -- showing some age but otherwise pretty clean. We never got our room serviced, not sure if this is normal or not. We found the staff somewhat unprofessional and not particularly friendly -- this is unusual for Celina. The bed was very comfy. Overall we mostly enjoyed our stay and had no major complaints. The hotel does provide good value for the money. We will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a view of the lake, so probably doesn't matter which room you choose, unl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

our stay was excellent the bed was extra comfortable. location of west bank inn was in the middle of everything. our room was roomy, extra clean, and well maintained. the view was gorgeous overlooking the lake. sunrise was breath taking. i would highly recommend and would stay again

• Stayed: December 2013
westbankinn, Front Office Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We are glad you had a great stay at the West Bank Inn. We do work very hard to provide a great stay for our guests. Thank you again and hopefully you get a chance to stay again at the Inn. -MMS

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The room listed,"Two-Person Whirlpool Tub", only if it is children!! Very small. Only one wash cloth and bath towel each. One hand towel for the room. Any time I stay anywhere, there is always two of each for each person! We killed total of 6 bugs, 3 around coffee maker! One of the largest spiders I have ever seen came out of pants that were on the floor. Shook the pants to fold in morning and the spider comes flying out and sticks to the wall!! Rain brought out snakes on the sidewalk in front of our patio!! Lady at the office didn't seem to care about anything I told her about being unhappy. Would never advise anyone to stay here. Way too much money. Better rooms at St. Marys, with pools, and free breakfast...NO BUGS too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank davh930
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a small locally owned hotel overlooking Grand Lake St. Mary. All 14 rooms have a lake view and their own outside balcony. Very spacious rooms with a homey feeling. Very comfortable bed. The balconies would have been nicer if they weren't within 5 feet of the road, but there is no construction on the lake side of the road. I enjoyed my one night there for business. When my one night turned into 2, I realized they fill up early. Disappointed when I couldn't get a room for the second night and had to stay in a much inferior hotel (nationwide chain). The interior decor is enlarged photos of the city and lake. They added a nice touch.
On the negative side - what's with the soap dispensers for hand soap and shampoo? Also, no breakfast.
I will definitely book early next time I'm in Celina for business or any other reason. When you're in Celina, don't miss out on the home made ice cream shop going west of town.

Room Tip: Second floor have a little more privacy, although there's so little traffic on the road it doesn...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank St_Nick61
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We have stayed at the West Bank Inn three times now since last June with two more reservations in the books. We go for the races at Eldora and after many years of staying at other hotels, we are so glad we finally stayed here. It suits our needs fine - very clean - very nice and courteous staff - great view of the lake - very quiet. It is a quaint inn with comfortable and spacy rooms. There is no pool and that may be the reason we have only seen adults staying here.

We will be traveling down the coast of California next summer and I commented to my husband that if we could find small inns like the West Bank on that trip, I would be happy. Price is comparable to what we seem to have to pay at other hotels.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Debinohio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celina
Americas Best Value Inn Celina
#1 of 2 in Saint Marys
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites St Marys
Best Western Wapakoneta Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to West Bank Inn? Share your experiences!