“Delicious, fast, inexpensive food and friendly service!”
Review of India Chaat Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
India Chaat Cafe
Ranked #17 of 78 Restaurants in Centerville
Cuisines: Indian
ohio
“Delicious, fast, inexpensive food and friendly service!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This place was a find after reading a write up in the local paper. My whole family loves the food...we go here for special occasions because it's such a treat & we live so far away. Our standard order is chicken makhani, choley bhatura, pav bhaji. We usually get a spice level of 1 because of the kids, but they can increase it to be very hot!

The food is absolutely wonderful! Fragrant, rich and perfectly prepared. We have never had a bad meal here, and the service is very good. The biryani is also fabulous, as is the korma. I also like the puri and samosas.

The place is very small and clean. They have only one restroom in the back of the kitchen that customers can use. They have no fountain drinks, but do carry lots of bottled pop & have a water cooler!! They also sell traditional Indian drinks, none of which are to my taste - because the ones I've tried were thick & I don't enjoy thick drinks (think eggnog texture). The flavor of their drinks were nice, I just didn't like the texture.

The customers are mostly Indian, as are the cooks, so it is probably authentic. Even if it's not, man is it good!! And the prices are great! Very casual, family atmosphere. We've tried others in the area that are much higher priced, and none beat India Chaat!

• Visited June 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Best indian food around”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I am not indian, but the food here is awesome!!! My fav is the chicken tikka masala. We get take out.

Visited October 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“This is a great little place for India”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great place for take out or a quick drop in. The Paneer Itka Masala is, i think, the best in Dayton. And if you are in to Cricket, then it's a great place to go, because it always seems to be on the TV.

Visited May 2012
Ohio
“Delicious Indian food on a budget”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I am certainly not an expect on Indian food, but I really do enjoy it. Of the half dozen or so Indian restaurants at which I have eaten in the south Dayton suburbs, this one is at the top of the list. The servings are plentiful. The food is quick. Most importantly, it is affordable. Takeout tends to be our choice because the seating is a little limited. The Mutter Paneer is probably my favorite dish.

• Visited May 2012