“In my top three...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centerville
South Korea
“In my top three...”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We make sure if at all possible we stay at HI Express hotels, free breakfasts, free parking, indoor rooms and comfortable beds and pillows. This HIE had HDTV's, spacious and clean rooms and a newer property by far. Only cons would be crowded breakfast area and a slow elevator, however please don't let that dissuade anyone from staying here. Finally let me end with the best HIE aka (FREE) breakfast of over 15 HIE hotels we have stayed at with the biscuits best that we have ever had. Great price, great location, great staff equals this HIE in my top three as a Gold Member. Definitely recommend and will stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed on third floor and room was quiet but elevator during rush hour was slow.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jimb2000
Daniel P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Jimb2000,

Wow what a amazing review that you have given us. I do see you had an amazing stay with us but also ran into a couple minor issues. I appreciate you bring those issues to our attention so we can take care of them. We try to make each and every guest a happy as you were when you stayed here. I have shared with Karen that you liked her biscuits and she was extremely happy that someone noticed that she adds a touch of love to them. I do invite you to come back and stay with us again. Again we thank you for the great review and we hope to see you soon.

Daniel Potts
Holiday Inn Express - Centerville
937.424.5757

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Amory, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Haven't stayed here in a few years - they have really upgraded the rooms and property. I usually stay with a different hotel group but they were sold out. The room was great, the staff were very friendly and the value for the room that I had (King Suite) was great. I spend that for a much smaller room with other hotel groups. I will definitely consider this property again. The bed was VERY comfortable, I've had back surgery before and I woke up feeling great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Welcome back Chris T!
I am glad you had a chance to enjoy the new look, the friendly staff and the King Suite.
It would be a shame to lure you away from the other brand, but why not?
There sure is something to be said for these wonderful mattress and how great you feel in the morning.
Try to make it back soon.
We appreciate the business.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beds were awesome. Bathroom had great toiletries. Room was clean. Shower pressure was awesome. Hotel staff was friendly. Breakfast was okay... had eggs, sausage, cereal, the usual. One recommendation... choose a room on an upper floor. Mine was on the first floor. Could hear noise from lobby when it was crowded. Also, there were kids in the room above me that sounded like buffalo. Walls are pretty thin. I called front desk about noise in hallway and it was addressed. (I think there was a family reunion there that weekend.)
I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you KDL for the stars and thanks for using some of our favorite words,"Great, Clean, Friendly and Awesome(twice)"
It's good to hear that you would stay here agan.
Hope to see you soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The staff here just make this hotel special, great service from smiling faces.
Convenient shuttle service, solid breakfast.
If you want room service, this hotel does not offer it however it has some arrangements with local restaurants that deliver.
If you travel to Dayton definitely short list this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
You are right about how much difference a smiling staff can make.
We are very proud that we have been able to attract and keep the most caring, friendly and capable hotel staff in Dayton. Sure, we offer a superior product, a solid breakfast, and everythng a traveler can want. But everyone here, from Housekeeping to the Front Desk, can equally be given credit for building and maintaining the highest occupancy of any hotel in the region.
We do appreciate your business Adam E.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. Very solid HIE with free breakfast, parking, and WiFi. Equipped with a microwave oven, mini-refrigerator, flat-screen TV, & recliner seat in the room. Indoor pool & business center. Fitness room was a little small with 2 treadmills, but that didn't detract from all of the venue's positive attributes. I'm glad I selected this hotel for my Dayton stay. Definitely recommend and will repeat whenever my travels take me to this area in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hidden in the back of a shopping area is a very surprising gem of a HIE. The room was extremely clean, and the front desk especially Rob was cordial, professional and extremely helpful to our needs. The mattresses which can be too or too soft we're just right. The breakfast was better than most HIE we have visited. Also within walking distance to several restaurants. A great value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the very kind words Edgemore from Solon.
Rob is now a bit gitty after seeing his name mentioned on a national website.
His hat size went up few notches.
I got a bit gitty myself when you, Papa Bear, referred to the bed as not too soft but just right!
I have to tell you that itis nice to have someone as well traveled as you to recognize our hard work.
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A very unassuming hotel in the middle of a small outdoor shopping center. Although it is small in comparison to large Holiday Inn's, one can be assured that there is nothing missing.

From the moment you check in, the friendly staff is ready to take care of you as their guest and patron. The hotel is extremely clean and has just been newly decorated. It has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room. There is also a special room for small group meetings. Free WiFi.

These accomodations come complete with a full self serve breakfast, pancakes, scramble eggs, toast, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. Fresh piping hot coffee and four choices of juice, as well as yogurt and buns.

Paul at the front desk is extremely pleasant and eager to assist you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floor are away from the pool, jacuzzi and meeting area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bill T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for all the kind words Patti.
It's like I have a new salesperson working for us!
I will surely pass on your comments to Paul and the rest of the staff.
Thank you for loving the hotel as much as we do.
Bill Thomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Marriott at the University of Dayton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville? Share your experiences!