“Loved my stay and the food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chardon
Bass Lake Taverne & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Chardon B&B and Inns
cleveland
“Loved my stay and the food”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am a local Clevelander who had never visited Bass Lake. I was fortunate to have business in that area and stayed at the inn for two nights. In addition to staying at the inn I ate all my meals at the tavern. I was blown away by the quality of the rooms, gorgeous!. I ate there 4 times and did not have one bad meal. The staff were friendly. I would definitely go back

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 4amigosCleveland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Warren
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I had eaten at the Bass Lake Tavern several times before and had always enjoyed our dinners there. This was our first time to stay at the Inn. The king suite that we had was delightful! The gas fireplace and whirlpool were both enjoyed by us and the spacious room is nicely decorated too. There is no "formal" breakfast available but the room contains a basket of food items that will help you begin your day, as well as the coffee maker in the room. We took advantage of a package deal that included one night's stay and a $50 gift card to use at the Tavern. We plan to go back someday soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We arrived and thought Bass Lake Inn was very tranquil set in a pastoral setting. The room was quite nice and having a fireplace for ambience was appreciated. The view was peaceful and the back patio charming to say the least. The room was very nice, well appointed and comfortable. I enjoyed my time in the jacuzzi on more than one occasion! The only thing that spoiled the stay was the lack of sound proofing, the first night we heard 'creak creak creak' from people walking and who seemed to stay still for a minute at most, muffled voices added to this, all well past 11 pm. The second night was a little better. Perhaps a room on the upper level would have helped? I like my quiet! Having said this the Inn was a welcomed retreat and enjoyed by both of us!

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on the upper level?
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 25 September 2013

In a word- OUTSTANDING! Both the Inn and the Tavern are superb. The rooms are well appointed, and they have thought of everything. The menu at the Inn (dinner on a Saturday night) was varied, and everything we ordered and shared was perfectly prepared, We have already booked a return trip in the spring!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Austinburg, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed just one night after the Chardon BrewFest. Good location - the staff was very friendly. Our room was on the first floor, was very spacious. The bathroom is huge and room is well-appointed. Mini-fridge, wet bar, microwave. Your breakfast basket is in room upon your arrival, it is nothing special. I don't consider this a B&B because their idea of breakfast is 2 individually-wrapped sara lee muffins, a couple of granola bars, 2 small packages of corn flakes, and there's some milk, orange juice, and bottled water in the fridge, 2 apples, there's also 2 small packages of goldfish crackers. Enough coffee for one small pot of just average coffee.

We did not eat at the taverne, checked out the prices and decided on going to Noce Gourmet Pizzeria on the square instead, so cannot comment on the food at the Taverne.

My only real complaint regarding our stay is the beds. The most uncomfortable, overly-firm mattress I have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on. I mean, so firm that while I was sleeping (which wasn't for long) I even dreamt that I was sleeping on a concrete slab. The pillows were as firm as the mattress, and I didn't know it was possible to have a pillow that felt like concrete. My husband tends to like a firmer mattress than I do, but even he agreed with me that it was quite uncomfortable. Thankfully there is a whirlpool tub in the bathroom, which I took full advantage of in the morning to help myself feel alive again.

If it weren't for the mattresses and pillows, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved the food here as I only ate dinner here with a few friends! I thought the menu was a bit pricey but the service and food made up for it.

I would eat here and maybe next time even spend the night here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nabiy72
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I will always consider Chardon my hometown as I lived there the first 22 years of my life. I recently made a trip there and stayed at the Inn for the first time. I've eaten at their fabulous restaurant many times but never had the occasion to stay at the Inn until now. I loved it! The room was spacious and clean and there were so many items for the continental breakfast. My dad and his friends used to spend many hours on this golf course, and I could see that over the years not much has changed there. It's still a beautiful, well-maintained course and there were lots of golfers.

Room Tip: King room on first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suntraveler56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chardon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights

Been to Bass Lake Taverne & Inn? Share your experiences!