“Quaint and charming, but needs some attention to detail.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chardon
Bass Lake Taverne & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Chardon B&B and Inns
Mentor, Ohio
“Quaint and charming, but needs some attention to detail.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

We stayed at this in 17 years ago after our wedding. The decor has been updated since which is good. However, there are some details that should really be attended to in room 6. The wallpaper over our picture window was sagging and hanging down which distracted from our room. Then when I layed back in the whirlpool tub to relax I noticed that there was water damage on the ceiling above. (It appeared to me that there was probably water damage from the bathroom in the room above us.) This was very unattractive.
I would also suggest that at check in the guests should be given a number to contact in case of an "after hours" emergency. Unless it was posted somewhere in the room that was not obvious, I would have not known who to call if we had some kind of emergency overnight. (Obviously we would have called 911 for a medical emergency!)
It was when we left the next morning that I found a number on our receipt to call for an after hours emergency. It was the number of another tavern in another city all together!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank browneyesmommy
Dedde, Owner at Bass Lake Taverne & Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
This is not our Hotel Blue. We are a new luxury, adult boutique hotel in Lewes Beach, Delaware. We were not open until 2006, do not have whirlpool tubs, water damage or any of the above...except we are charming as in "Contemporary Style with Lewes Charm" and have fireplaces in every room and a very cool rooftop pool! Please remove. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Concord, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

I spent my Birthday at the Inn and we had dinner at Bass Lake. Dinner was excellent...From the service to the meal. Everything was perfect.
It was a Great get a way and would recommend to anyone.
The staff was nice, the room was large and clean and they provide snacks, breakfast and cold drinks. Absolutely loved it!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lorivivod
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

We celebrated our Anniversary rhere ecently - the Inn has all the right amenities - (microwave, refrig, jetted tub, coffee pot with breakfast provided, ample room with table & chairs etc) you won't want to leave the room - BUT go ahead & venture over to the Tavern - where the food is top rate / and prices fair - wait staff is excellent - and the bar staff will keep the beverages flowing - along with thier quick wit! Excellent value for your vacation dollar - clean comfortable rooms and excellent restaurant literally steps away.
We'll be back in the spring/summer for golfing! The Yans Jan. 2011

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank debyan
az
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

The wood steps and walk-ways are down right dangerous. The room I was assigned, I was told was the "best"...The wall paper is curling off the walls, the carpets are gross (walked in white socks...they turned black). The cheap $3.00 mimi blinds on the windows were all bent-up and twisted. They were missing the closure wand and when I tried to find it, the top header fell off completely. For God's sake...replace those destroyed blinds!

When I walked into the bathroom, there was hair in the sink as well as in the tub. AND there was an open used bottle of shampoo on the ledge. GROSS!

The in-room Mr. Coffee pot was dirty...had been rinsed but not washed. The basket of goodies was not fresh and they had no cork-screw, no wine glasses, no glass glasses of any kind...all was plastic of the cheapest variety. For over $100/nite rates...this is unacceptable!

The Inn has an attached restaurant and the rooms had no room service or even a menu to place an order. They are missing a big bunch of business here.

They also have NO Wake-up service. This place has such potential because of their location...but they are missing the boat! The owners need to take a little tour of this place. Wonder when they last actually saw it? I stayed here 18 mos. ago and had a similar experience, so nothinbg is improving...just getting worse.
Leslie Coates

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank lesliecoates
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Of all the hotels I've ever stayed, the Bass Lake Taverne and Inn is the very best. The staff is friendly, they treat you like a member of the family, and do everything they can to please. The restaurant is the best! What an amazing atmosphere and the food is a 10 plus. The beds are more comfortable than home. Plenty of extra pillows, blankets. It's great to have a fridge, "kitchen" sink, and microwave. Fireplace is very nice, as is the balcony. Great size room. Could stay for weeks and be comfortable. Nice table for both eating or to use as a desk. Large bathroom with super water pressure and endless hot water. Great views of a small pond and golf course. Peaceful and so very relaxing. Super clean and no odors including "fake" odors (pine, etc.) to cover something up. Just fresh. I have no real complaints, but for the perfect wish list. The towels are adequate, but not large or plush. I've had better. The in-room hair dryer is only OK. The lighting in the bathroom isn't the best for putting on make-up. No TV guide and no movie channels (HBO, etc.) No deal breakers, but I want to be thorough. Even though it's a little more expensive, it's well worth it. I would never stay anywhere else when I visit Chardon. It's like my home away from home. I am totally comfortable in this hotel. Very safe also.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RubiesPlus
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We arrived with reservations at another hotel that we did not like. We found this inn by chance and have received the warmest welcome from the staff here. The room is more like a suite, with dining table, jetted garden (Jacuzzi) tub and a lovely view of the lake from a private balcony. Our breakfast/snack basked was hand delivered to our room by the manager. Clean and spacious, the room is great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank prorie
Pioneer, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I was very impressed with the Inn and the Taverne. Accomodations were superb and drinks and food was excellant. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was more than I had expected and I felt right at home. I slept wonderfully and would stay here again. Even though someone accidentally picked up my room key, the staff provided me another quickly. Hopefully, the first one turns up! I'm sure it will though because we had tons of kids around and I'm sure one of them got it not thinking that it wasn't their's! Everything was perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank skmoreland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chardon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights

Been to Bass Lake Taverne & Inn? Share your experiences!