“Best food in the area”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Ohio
“Best food in the area”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great food in a relaxed atmosphere. Service was wonderful but it can get crowded on the weekends! Nice place to have a drink and socialize too!

Visited December 2013

Chesterland, Ohio
“Good, But Not Great, With Country Lodge Atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Bass Lake Tavern is somewhat of an institution in Chardon. It's one of the better restaurants in the area, but I wish it were just a little better.

Bass Lake is decorated like a country lodge, with lots of wood, including paneled walls, dark green carpeting, and lodge-like furnishings and fixtures. The restaurant is divided into two main areas. There is a large pub-style bar on one side, and a brick fireplace (with a real fire, as I recall) in the dining room area. It all seems somewhere between charmingly rustic or a little dated.

The have a large number of offerings, including beef, chicken, and fish. On occasion they will have game offerings, but it really depends on what is available at the time of your visit. I thought the food was solid and good, but nothing spectacular.

We've eaten here several times with mixed service. We did have one occasion where the service was unaccountably slow, but generally it is at least competent. Again, good, but not great.

TripAdvisor's ratings go from "average" to "very good" and I wish they had a "good" category, where this would fit neatly. I would go back here again, but simply for a good meal and a nice time out, not because I expected anything especially memorable.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ElaineAndGreg
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Consistently good food and good service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bass Lake Tavern is my "go-to" restaurant for special occasions. Food and service is always first rate.

Had a birthday party there for my wife that was enjoyed by all in attendance.

Did I mention the great atmosphere?

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Easter Sunday Afternoon Lunch”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Awesome! We usually cook at home but decided to take 19 people here! We eat here regularly BUT never for Easter Sunday! GREAT!

• Visited April 2014
Westerville, Ohio
“It depends”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We dine here three or four times a year. The food is mostly above average and the service can range from excellent to very slow. Much depends, I think. on whether there is a private party upstairs. I have never experienced poorly prepared food but the timeliness of the service is what is most unpredictable. This restaurant has many regulars and I am not sure if they get better service than occasional or one time diners.

Visited December 2013

Been to Bass Lake Tavern? Share your experiences!