“Just OK”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a standard, local, small-chain sports bar. Generally speaking the service is good and reliable - sometimes really good. The beer selection is decent (8+ on draft) but nothing more than what you'd expect from a sports bar. The food is hit or miss. Never terrible but never outstanding - that's been the constant with this place over the years.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Place used to be a little above average but have gotten way out of line with their prices for a sports bar atmosphere. Wings are just average (not the greatest as claimed on the sign).I have had wings at many places and there are better out there,believe me.Hand cut fries are very good.but i can honestly say, everything else that we have had is just average.They have burnt my burger on 2 separate visits. Drink prices are a little high and the drinks are on the week side. you can get a double but they gouge you more for it.Happy hour prices are good though.There are better and cheaper places in Chardon to go. I will not endorse one over the other because i do not think that is fair but look around. This place will do in a pinch

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Local bar where everyone knows each other. It was a great place to hang out once we became known by the other regulars until they jacked up all their prices. We don't go as often because of this. Even the bartenders acknowledge this to be a problem. For the cost we will go somewhere nicer in Chardon.

Cleats C, Owner at Cleats, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Thank you so much for leaving your review because it allows us to fix problems we might not otherwise be aware of. It sounds like we have let you down on more than one occasion and I for that I am very sorry. I will personally look into the issue of asking guests to leave and closing early because that is certainly not our protocol. I will make sure to take the necessary steps are taken to make the improvements needed.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about what happened and personally apologize to you. I know you stated that you would never return, but I would somehow like to make this up to you.

Please call me at 440-364-1015 or email me at matt@cleatsrestaurants.com

Matt

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I can say, the service was good. We were a big party with 3 checks. The waiter was attentive and the food delivery was fast. I ordered the jalapeño crab dip with pita chips for an appetizer and it was good. For our meal with had various kinds of wings. The traditional wings were crispy, but the hot I ordered wasn't hot. The boneless wings aren't pieces of white meat breaded like you find at Buffalo Wild Wings. They were the pressed kind of chicken you find in fast food chicken nuggets. They have a variety of sauces to choose from, but I much prefer Buffalo Wild Wings in flavor and in quality. The other 2 families in our party both had children and the kids were able to eat free.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The service is terrible here. We have eaten there on many ocassions and the service is always slow and uncaring. If we get pretzel appetizers they are always over microwaved. Nothing good to say about this place but the decor is spacious and pleasant. The bar area is like a sports bar. The dining area is bright and roomy.

Been to Cleats? Share your experiences!