“Great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charm
Guggisberg Swiss Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Charm B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Guggisberg Swiss Inn is a great experience. Feed the ducks and swans--yes swans;
pet the horses, and walk in your own private world. You are close to the village of Charm and in the middle of the largest Amish population in the world--"The Holmes County Settlement." Horse drawn buggies are normal, as are quiet country roads. We were made to feel welcomed, as if sharing someones home with them. Highly recommend Guggisberg Swiss Inn for anyone who wants to get away, and have modern conveniences. Hugh Angert

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Guggisberg Swiss Inn

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in August, 2013, and the rooms were immaculate. There were snacks at night if we wished, and hot breakfast in the morning. The very best part was they also had a riding stables and they would turn the horses out in the early evening. We all went out and took pictures and patted the horses. I loved it! They were having problems with their wireless (went in and out), so I could only give 4 stars. I will go back here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The Guggisberg Swiss Inn is charming. It was quiet and the room was clean. We loved seeing the horses and had fun feeding the ducks by the pond.
When we opened the door to our room, we found an ice bucket with a bottle of Sparkling Mango Passion Fruit chilling, two glasses and a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Very sweet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely visit. I would definitely recommend the Guggisberg Swiss Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When in the Homes County area we always make it a point to stay at the Guggisberg Swiss Inn. My wife and I have stayed there for years. Julia and all the crew will take great care of all your needs. It is a peaceful setting and what a great breakfast to start a morning. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've stayed at a couple different places in Amish country, as it's only about an hour away and so a good weekend trip for us. While other places have amazing indoor decorations, one place was all pine and looked very rustic, this was THE PERFECT place for us when we had our toddler. The bad thing about Amish country is that most things close around 5, MAYBE 6, and so after we ate dinner on Friday night, we had nothing to do with our little guy until the next morning. My hubby and I had gone horseback riding here a few years ago, and remembered the horses roaming about freely, so we thought we'd stay here. Our son, Niko, LOVED it. We checked in with no problems, the room was neat, clean, and cozy. He walked in and said "oh mommy, nice." :) Then we went outside and the horses would see us coming towards them and stop eating and walk right to us. Niko obviously loved this. He pet each and every horse, including the two colts, and even the 2 donkeys. They were very kind and calm horses, and we were told that many of them were rescues. I was surprised at how comfortable and approachable they were, especially for being rescues and having "dark" pasts. We then let Niko venture out further, and he decided to go out back, which was extremely beautiful-we had no idea it was back there. A nice lake, with a bridge that leads to a picnic area and a small island with a weeping willow, quite breathtaking. There were a few bunnies eating, several ducks, and even 2 swans. The horses eventually came out back as well, as they just roam wherever they please. I was also very impressed with the staff cleaning up after the horses...they were right on spot so that there wasn't waste left anywhere. Niko enjoyed feeding the ducks, and they even had a small swingset. So, we were able to wander around for 2 hours until we took him in to get a bath and go to sleep. I don't know what we would have done for those 2 hours if we would have went elsewhere. It was so nice to have a toddler friendly place! The staff and everyone was wonderful, the breakfast was a REAL breakfast, they offered us a coupon book which saved us at least $10 (and we only used 1 or 2!), and they offered a snack at night, which was another great perk with our little guy. I highly recommend this to anyone, young or old, as we saw many older couples who also were having a great time, many of them taking pictures of Niko as he interacted with animals, everyone was so kind, guests and management alike. We plan on returning soon!

Room Tip: There is one room with a jacuzzi on the top floor, but it says ages 16 and older only on the top flo...
Reviewed 22 August 2013

What an excellent place for my eight year old son and I to get away from the city and enjoy peace and quiet. We enjoyed the dogs/ducks/swans/bunnies, but really got to interact with some very special horses. We will never forget meeting two friendly donkeys and two curious colts, and are hoping to hear good news about the rescue horse in the future. The staff was very professional and personable.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I went with my mother on a weekend getaway from all the stresses of life. My expectations were definitely exceeded. The innkeeper shared with me that many people complain about their cell phones, etc not having any service but for me, it made my experience so much better. My mother and I were able to connect with each other without any distractions from the "outside world". Breakfast was amazing! When you hear free breakfast, you think a regular run of the mill continental breakfast but it was so much more and simply delicious! I loved that the horses roam free on the property and have no problem with you walking up and petting them. Make sure you ask about the horseback rides. It was so neat to walk out back on the property and see the swans, ducks, rabbits and donkeys. This was our first time staying at Guggisberg Swiss Inn and we definitely plan on many more return stays!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charm
Zinck's Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Millersburg

Been to Guggisberg Swiss Inn? Share your experiences!