“crowded decor and smelly.”

Marigold Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterland
Marigold Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Chesterland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We were there in January of 2012. The room we were booked for was all beige. Walls, Bedding, furniture. The maintenance man was the only person who was staying there. We asked to be upgraded, and payed for the upgrade... well we ended up being upgraded to the room the man had been sleeping in. It was just weird and gross. The common room is musty and uncomfortable. Its just a really awkward place. and the lady who runs it complains about other people who have stayed there and left bad reviews, but she's not willing at all to listen to any critique.

Room Tip: just don't.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank S I
There are newer reviews for Marigold Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 22 December 2012

A beautiful property in the western part of Geauga County. Added treat to see the alpacas and llamas raised there. Bed was very comfortable and rooms had private baths. A lovely breakfast was served by our gracious hostess. The B & B is in a good location to explore the countryside and quaint towns like Chardon and Chagrin Falls.

Room Tip: Choose the jacuzzi room if you can or a room facing the backyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband & I stayed at this inn August 2012. We looked forward to this trip when we saw the photos & read about it online. Nothing was true-the inn is a mess. It is dirty, dingy, old, and completely not kept up. When we rode up the long driveway & got to the house we almost turned around but since they had our money, we stayed. The outside is so overgrown & messy it should have told us what was inside. It was no better. Window A/C that are set to temp. & it was 90+ so the room was never cool. The 'library' room was a joke-dusty books from a used book sale with old, old, furniture. This was a lesson for us & we hope to warn others. Too many other nice inns to stay in.

Room Tip: No good choice of rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The owner and manager seem nice but were perhaps distracted by an upcoming event at the Inn. I also stayed using a coupon and payed over $50 above the stated price for an "upgrade" as they did not have any upcoming vacancies that matched the coupon before it expired. I did not receive any wine and cheese. I was advised that the drain in the shower was "backing up" and not quite fixed (in fact there was grit and I don't know what else sitting in the shower). Reading these other good reviews made me envious--I was never informed about trails on the land, feeding llamas, or using the golf cart.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Roadie8765
Beverly J, Manager at Marigold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

I'm so sorry you were not happy with you stay with us. I always take it very personal and will
try harder. This was in May that you were here and we were extremely busy but do try to
make everyone feel they are special because you are. I'm not sure why you didn't get your
wine and cheese. I can send you wine if you like.
Let me know.
Beverly

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Our stay at the Marigold B&B was one of the most wonderful experiences, we have had. Our host treated us like family. The beautiful location, the lamas, the breakfest outside, and the way we were treated will sure to bring us back, for another visit. The beautiful countryside of the area was well worth the trip. Again, We can"t say enough about our hostess Beverly, she was one of the reasons our stay was great. Thanks again, and hope to visit again, real soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My First B&B experience was a pleasure and a joy. Our room was comfy and cute, the entire house was charming. The Llamas too. My favorite part was Breakfast which began with coffee and fresh fruit served outdoors in a tranquil setting. What a great way to start the day. Then eggs, maybe bacon and pancakes or thick french toast with pure maple syrup. Oh My! Best of all is Beverly, always there to anticipate our needs or share information. I came for a wedding and family reunion. I will stay here again and look forward to it. Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Taking personal time away to reflect and recharge found the perfect recipe at Marigold B & B with Beverly as the Hostess. The quiet of the woods, the privacy of the spotless room and Beverly's warm friendliness calmed me in soul and also served as my home base when I was exploring the neighboring villages. Thank you Beverly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the house tend to be more like suites and larger. All of the rooms are cl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterland
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to Marigold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!