“Ok, but was a frustrating trip.”

Marigold Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chesterland
Marigold Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Chesterland B&B and Inns
Youngstown, Ohio
“Ok, but was a frustrating trip.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked this trip on a Living Social deal. There was a mix up as to what Living Social stated versus what the Marigold offer was. We paid in May and booked in September so we did not remember the original deal, we only read what was on our printed coupon from the Living Social site. When we booked with the lady at Marigold, she informed us that we were the only ones staying there and to make sure we arrived on time because she did not want to wait for us for a long time since she was coming from church at 1 p.m. We arrived just past 3:00. Upon arrival, she apparently acquired a new white dog. He was nice. However, he jumped up into my wife's car ( she is highly allergic to dogs) and I had to pick him up and out the the car. The innkeeper showed us that the dog had made a mess of dirt on the sidewalk and asked us to "please not step in that". We entered into a house of which we had never been. Then the lady went up the stairs, we were looking around. She commented "are you day dreaming or what?" That was awkward. She said..."what room did you book?" I stated ..I assume it was the suite from the price we paid. Her comment: "Oh no someone else booked that room." We ended up in room 4. (smaller) Mid sentence she left us and assisted another patron. Strange. There was no wifi available for us to book other activities in the area for that evening and the next day. Upon going to the car, the new dog was roaming in the kitchen. (wasn't sure if that was legal in a food establishment.) The living room was very musty/moldy smelling as stated in other posts. It actually made our throats a bit sore. So we went back to the bedroom...still no wifi. Inkeeper comment: " Why do you need to be online anyway, you should not do that since you are away." Then she said that we could use her computer, however, I did not want to put my personal information for booking things on her computer. Being a pastor and public communicator, I found her comments to be very shocking to a paying patron. I questioned at the end of the stay that we paid more with a coupon then we would have without it. She explained that many had issues and something about an older man who had health issues...I said...mam, I just......(Inkeeper)"Would you let me finish!" I then stared at her in bewilderment and did not say another word. She said that another couple booked the suite on SATURDAY and paid extra. I BOOKED THE SUITE EARLIER THAT WEEK! Wow. Her personal communication skills are quite lacking for a public service facility such as Marigold. The room was nice and the friends we met at breakfast really helped cover up the rudeness and weirdness of the innkeeper. She said" its not my fault that you could not attend the wine tasting (which is only at 11 am. on Sunday ...be ware!) It is offered other days but we only stayed Sunday. She should have explained the two night/ one night issue in greater detail. Not sure if I would recommend this place. Oh side bar...so I sent her an email from my phone which has limited data. She said at check out "Well obviously you had internet because you sent me an email." I made correction to her statement by informing her that I did it from my personal phone and not on the Marigold wifi.
Such a strange place. I would recommend going there, checking it out, and speaking to the lady there BEFORE booking to make sure you like it and everything is as stated. Whew. Glad to be back home. You win some, you lose some!

Room Tip: Like I said GO THERE FIRST, look around, talk to her BEFORE paying or booking.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarkPlegge
Beverly J, Manager at Marigold Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
It is unfortunate that our guest assigned a typing error to Marigold that was actually made by
Living Social. We made several attempts to accommodate our guest. We hope that our guest
will consider visiting our establishment during a time that his schedule permits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ohio
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband treated us to a birthday getaway (our birthdays are a few days apart). We stayed two nights. The house was built in the 1940's and there are portable A/Cs in the rooms. We had a king-sized room with a Jacuzzi. Could have been cleaner - I'm picky. The breakfasts were delicious! We spent a day exploring the area with a few hours shopping in the quaint town of Chagrin Falls. Beverly and Julie were friendly and helpful. Thanks for a nice getaway!

Room Tip: Room 1 had a king-sized bed and Jacuzzi. I believe that we paid for an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Richwood, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We wanted to find a quiet and cozy place to get away for a few days, but still be close to some attractions. Marigold Bed and Breakfast was the perfect spot. Our room was wonderful and perfect for what we were looking for. Breakfast was delicious and the atmosphere welcoming. We would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: Chagrin Falls, Old General Store, Amish Country and Chardon Brewworks were all awesome places to vis...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2013

A friend & I stayed here after a Groupon promotion. We booked the twin room which turned out to be more of a hobbit hole than a bedroom. The ceilings were low, the lighting was poor & the whole room smelled of must. There was a library's worth of old dusty books, causing unneccesary allergic reactions. We were to receive a welcome basket upon our arrival which was hardly anything welcoming, consisting of 2 wine gladdes-no wine, tea & potpourri. The room was about 90 degrees & even opening the prison cell sized window didn't allow any of the 45 degree outside air to circulate. The innkeeper insinuated my friend & I were homosexuals. Needless to say, we spent as little time as possible there & were out the door by 730am the next morning, never looking back.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Chesterland hotels

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Very cosy, comfortable rooms and breakfast was very good. Beverley is a pleasant hostess and the llamas are adorable. We really enjoyed walking the property as well. The BnB is also located close to some nice attractions like Chardon Brewworks and Amish Country. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Got to get away from the fast paced life and slow down, relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the small town suburb of Cleveland. Everyone was very freindly and within 2 days of staying there we made freinds with the locals who would reccomend the next best adventure to take on. I proposed to my now fiance in a near by town and we celebrated by enjoying the atmosphere at Marigold. Beveryly is a true care taker and made our special stay there perfect. The alpacas were the icing on the cake. Cant say enough good things about our stay at Marigold. Thanks Bev!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Our experience at the Marigold B&B was a beautiful one. If you are looking for something relaxing, natural, warm, and trusting, with a really nice healthy breakfast, this is one place to go for a few nights. If you want something extravagant or ritzy, this is not the place for you. The alpacas were magical to look at and feed, we made several fires inside the old fireplace and sat around talking with other guests at night, we enjoyed a lovely new jacuzzi bath (or two) in our room, never needed to watch any tv and unplugged for the weekend. I want to mention the love, kindness, humor, and generosity of the owner, Beverly, in particular. This is her home and, as with many country B&Bs, when you go to them you need to expect that a family may live there in whatever ways make them most comfortable as well, as we did. Our room was clean which is what matters when you pay to stay. Overall, we had a wonderful, slow paced, and very healing experience where we made new friends for life. We will be back again.....

Room Tip: If you are interested in a jacuzzi tub, ask for a room with this as not all the rooms have one, and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterland
Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village

Been to Marigold Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!