“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Circleville
Odessa, Delaware
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I sometimes visit Circleville on business and have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and avoided the Comfort Inn because of the bad reviews. However, this past week I had to come to Circleville on short notice and the Holiday Inn Express was booked. I thought about staying in Columbus, but this wasn't convenient. I therefore took a chance and booked a room at the Comfort Inn, expecting the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised--the desk manager (a woman from Pakistan) was very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed and very clean, as was the rest of the facility. The breakfast consisted of the standard 'free' fare (nothing cooked), but was ok. In short, I found this motel to be pretty much a wash with the nearby Holiday Inn Express. The biggest advantage of the Holiday was the proximity (walking distance) to restaurants. Perhaps there were problems in the past, but I didn't see or experience anything that would merit a negative review of the Comfort Inn today.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BobinOdessa
circlevillecomfortgm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
thank you for your opinion and choosing our hotel for your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Downingtown
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Lovely location....very nice staff....clean rooms..We stay here when we bring our Viking Ship to the Ashville Viking Festival held every year in late April. In this area, there are a lot of places to choose from and we come back to this Comfort Inn year after year. They must be doing something right..Breakfast is included and all the items are well stocked....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erlandsdottir
Marine City, Michigan
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I got a suite with a the hottub in the room. The tub was dirty, after cleaning it oil darted out of the jets. I called the front desk and she "cant do anything until my boss gets here at noon" Okay why is someone working by themselves when they cant take care of a customer? So I waited until the next day I called front desk at 11 and she said her manager wont be in until 3 pm. Then she said oh he will be here at noon. By the time check out came around (which was noon) I went down to talk to him and guess what the front desk told me "He just left" Are you kidding me?!?! Its obvious customers are not important. Its been over a week and we still dont have this issue taken care of. DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sweeks04

Travellers are raving about these Circleville hotels

evansville, IN
Reviewed 11 September 2010

In these days of $100+ hotel nights, we found a jewel here. While nothing spectacular from the outside,the rooms make this hotel worthy of consideration, and from about $75.00
Although the 2nd floor is mostly non-smoking rooms, the hallway smells of stale cigarette smoke. Just hold your nose (and opinion) and open the door to Room 214.

You ae greeted by fresh, clean smelling, and a vey clean room. We were pleasantly suirprised
Do not pass this one up in Central Ohio

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank welltraveled75
akron, ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2010

If you are a light sleeper....the train might wake you up...lol! The outside of the hotel isn't much to look at.
The front desk guy who checked us in was very nice and so was the manager the next day. They brought us extra towels by the pool and the pool was great, the kids enjoyed it. The halls smelled terribly of cigarette smoke though, but I am very sensitive to that smell, however our room smelled fine.
The a/c in the room didn't work the best. The room was clean and I did not see any bugs. So, all in all, it was an okay stay. :)
There is a walmart close, a lot of fast foods and other restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cbreinart
Medina, OH
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We called 2 days in advance and booked our room. When we arrived at hotel, they said that they had us down for the previous evening and that we were a no show and had been charged. When we provided our confirmation etc, the extremely RUDE manager argued with us in front of our 6 yr old. He said he was not going to give us a room because "they" dont make mistakes. Any customer friendly hotel manager would appreciate the business and just apply the charges to the room for the night. Also, if your looking for a pool, then call ahead. We picked this because website showed a small pool for our 6 yr old. Got there and there was no water in the pool. I would not go back to this hotel again..ever!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cletg
Ontario
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I have been to many hotels in my time and just completed an eleven state road trip. This hotel was the nicest on the trip and the best I've ever seen in it's class. The outside is nothing special but, the inside is a different story. Spacious and beautiful hallways. Nice decor in rooms. Breakfast was much better than expected too. Makes me want to check Comfort Inns first on my next trip.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank DieselDave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Circleville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville
#6 of 8 in Chillicothe
Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chillicothe
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!