“Nasty, Dirty,Stinky !!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Circleville
Castle Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Circleville B&B and Inns
Fairfied
“Nasty, Dirty,Stinky !!!!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Is not fit to stay in!! The rooms are disgusting-dark,dirty.dusty and dank. The home is in dire need of a complete renovation.The shower had so much soap scum built up on the floor you could not possibly have felt clean when you got out of the shower!! Needless to say an hour there was enough for us!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Marti B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Livonia,MI
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I chose this place prior to reading reviews based on location to Columbus and availability during the Thanksgiving holiday. The owner Jean took the time to share the home's history and her efforts to restore this place to becoming a lovely home. I was impressed with the efforts so far accomplished to make this centurian home more accomodating for modern travelers. I look forward to revisiting and seeing all of the planned improvements.

I had the opportunity to particpate in the Murder Mystery event on Friday and was delighted to see how the opinions of "who done it" differed come Saturday morning. Anita, one of the Inn-keepers, took the time to find costumes that fit all of us and make adjustments as needed.

There were some distractions, like the train and radiator noises. I understand that these sorts of things come with location and age of home and soon became acclimated. I feel that the prices should be adjusted to reflect the current state of completion of improvements. As time and changes are made - prices should reflect them accordingly.

Overall, my stay was memorable and I feel that enduring friendships have been established. I would recommend this bed and breakfast for the adventure of helping to restore a historic home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are being renovated first.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We had a great 10th anniversary at the Castle Inn. To be honest we were a little apprehensive as we located some of the previous reviews after we had signed up but we were very pleased with the experience.

Anita did a great job of taking care of us and we had a very romantic and relaxing two days. They get a thumbs up.

Room Tip: Stayed in the square tower room. I didn't get a look at all the others but this one was very ni...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed here for the Halloween weekend with my wife and we were extremely impressed. Anita was very friendly and welcoming and man can she cook! (Apple fench toast! Yum!!!) Our room was good, what you'd expect from a bed and breakfast, very romantic. Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay and highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at the Castle Inn, and made it through one night. Although the downstairs was very pretty, nothing is clean. The carpeting throughout looks like it has never been vacuumed. We went to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary, and it was such a disappointment. We had one of the honeymoon suites, and the carpeting was filthy, the bathroom had hair all over the floor, the bathmats by the sink and shower were filthy. I wanted my husband to check for bedbugs, and I started to move the pillows on the bed, and a thousand legger slowly rolled out from under the pillow and scurried away. There was also a fly in the room. The bedspread looked like it had never been washed, and the bed actually stunk. I slept with the side light on all night for fear of other bugs crawling on me, and yes there are trains that pass by every ten minutes and kept me up for most of the night. The breakfast - their famous apple french toast that they mention on their site was not appetizing, the sliced potatoes looked like a brownish grey, and the sausage was overcooked and shriveled. We were offered to stay in another room, which looked nicer, but after the night we had, we just decided to leave. My husband worked so hard to make this a wonderful anniversary, and I love him dearly for all his efforts, but I advise anyone who wants a romantic weekend to go somewhere else. I couldn't wait to get home and into my clean bed!

1 Thank maryb59
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2011

While the place has lots of history and charm, the Innkeepers need to do a lot of work to upgrade the place. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and paid $200/night. For that money we got a room with a working Jacuzzi and a comfortable bed. The double headed shower had no Hot Water on one side and only Hot water on the other. Basically making it unuseable so we had to use the Tub to celan-up in the morning. The TV's need to be updated to Flat Screens and the Lighting fixtures need to be upgraded desperately. There just wasn't enough light in the room. They also need to repaint and do an overall cleanup of this room...I expect much nicer accomodations at this price.

Lastly, the Breakfast...How mediocre can you get..The Scrambled Eggs were watery (Powdered?), the potatoes were grey and unappetizing and the Sausage was of the frozen link variety..Only served one Pot of Coffee for eight people..Come On people! Bed and Breakfast by name, but certainly disn't meet my expectations..Should have done more research before booking..Never Again.

3 Thank Richard S
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I spent an Anniversary weekend here with another couple. The food was good, although almost the same breakfast meal two days in a row (sausage and homemade sliced potatoes) so something completely new would have been nice.

The personal dinner was very tasty for me (roast beef) with a nice portion size and great salad and sides. Some toppings (sour cream chives, etc) for the potato would have knocked mine out of the park, but we only had the mini butter packets to work with. Others in the party had chicken cordon bleu and the salmon, which tasted very dry and were not finished. All agreed the roast beef was by far the best choice.

This place has a lot of potential to be fantastic. First they need to finish some of the updates they started, and upgrade some other parts. Most of all it needs a serious, major cleaning. Being old is not a excuse for not cleaning it up. The bathroom area in my suite showed no recent signs of being cleaned very well and the windows were "original" but don't appear to have seen a cloth anytime in the past few months. (A towel stuffed in the window is not a great scene either). Downstairs areas could use a couple more chairs around the parlor table to encourage people to hang out there, or even outside. They had two fireplaces outside, and we spent both evenings outside but were not offered the fire either time.

Even the shared coffee pot on the second floor looked like it had been sitting there uncleaned for months. No way was I going to even attempt to try that. Having a "shared" fridge for all the guests seems a little ridiculous. They could have at least gotten some mini-fridges for each room. The portable fan in my room was broken (but I fixed it myself) but very dirty. The TV did not get many channels and was too low to see if you were sitting in the bed trying to watch.

Some of the decor seems old which I find really neat, but all the old books were in German, which didn't make a lot of sense. It seems a lot of the apparent 'antiques' were just plastic replicas. Some things appeared to be literally glued back together after it broke. And they really should remove the Big Lot price stickers from the table plates.

The outdoor area, at nite, was nice to relax with some wine and has a nice ambiance with the lighted balls, and rope light around the tree. Again, needs to be cleaned up. Outside of dinner and breakfast, we never saw the hosts around the house like I have in other B&B's I stayed at.

The staff were super nice overall. This was an adult weekend getaway, so I was a little surprised at the children running around the place on two different days while us guests were there. We did meet the children who were all nice and well mannered afterwards.

Altho featured on Paranormal kids, we did not witness anything over the 3 days/2 nite stay.

This is within 30min of Columbus with some great food there and the main street we found looked kinda neat, but we did not get to explore nearby a whole lot. As couples we made the best of things and had a great weekend.

Overall, I think this is way overpriced for what you get in return. I would choose somewhere else for my next stay in the area.

3 Thank Forsythethedwarf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Circleville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/rickenbacker
The Mitchell House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Castle Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!