“Disgusted”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Circleville
Penguin Crossing Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Circleville B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disgusted”
Reviewed 6 January 2005

I would not recommend this facility to anyone!! My husband and I had to cancel for unforseeable reasons and we were charged a $100 fee after the innkeeper had agreed that there would be no cancellation fee. I later found the charges on my bank statement and phoned the facility to discuss the issue and received very rude service and the innkeeper actually hung up on me! I am currently filing a formal complaint with the better business bureau and my bank due to the fact that they had no authorization to charge my account.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Owner at Penguin Crossing Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 April 2005
"Disgusted" did indeed lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio, the Attorney General of Ohio, and her credit card company. We responded to all three with information, supporting data, copies of policies and other documentation. In all cases, the file was closed in our favor.

The issue was not a cancellation fee. We never charged them for the room or for cancelling in less than 24 hours. Even though our policy allows it and was recognized by the 3 bodies mentioned above.

The real issue was she asked us to get a licensed massage therapist for them for an hour. We reserved the time for the massage by hiring out this service. When the cancellation was noted, the therapist did not charge us the full amount as a courtesy, so we only billed what was agreed upon at his hiring.

The credit card company, the AG, and the BBB recognized this as acceptable business practice and thus they closed the complaint file in our favor.

Allan C Colgan