“OK Buffet”

Add it.
Ponderosa Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stopped for the buffet that Ponderosa offers. They had a great assortment of chicken and meats. The salad bar was not stocked with fresh vegetables and the salad dressings were not as good as we have had in other places. Desserts choices were nice. Clean and spacious restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was in Chillicothe Ohio for business. I checked in at the hotel about a block from the Ponderosa Steakhouse, after driving from four states away. I was tired and hungry and just looking for a meal. I hadn't been to a Ponderosa in years since they all closed at home a long time ago and I was excited to eat here. When I walked in it was 7:45, fifteen minutes from closing. I considered leaving but, most restaurants will still take you so, I walked in.

When I walked up a man, who appeared to be the manager, wearing the name tag, was standing at the register. He stared at me for a moment, turned around, walked to a booth on the other side of the restaurant, slid in and stared out the window. A few customers saw it happen and it became pretty awkward so, after a couple of minutes I slipped out and went to the Applebees next door.

All I can figure is he had something going on that had him at the edge of what he could take in life. I can dig it. I would have preferred he simply say go away but, you take what you get in life. I guess I'll have to keep on waiting for my next Ponderosa visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

They have a nice buffet. Everything was stocked and fresh. The girl who waited on us, was very friendly and efficient as a waitress. Thanks

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This place is awful. Even one the waitresses couldn't identify some of the so called food on the buffett

Reviewed 14 December 2011

We stop here for lunch or supper whenever we're traveling Rt 23 between Columbus and Portsmouth.....The food is great...So many choices you can't even sample them all....The best selection of meats.....and delicious pies....
It's one of those places where most of the costumers are "regulars".....
Don't be disuaded is the parking lot is full, or there is a line at the door, they handle crowds very well, and the food doesn't run out.....