“Just booked our room for return to Cleveland Clinic”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Maybe it's because I'm 40ish, but I love the nostalgic elevators. During my last trip for my Cleveland Clinic appointments, one elevator had been freshly varnish. We have always had excellent service, and the staff wonderful. We have always been met with a smile, and always within 15 minutes of getting to our room we receive a phone call from the desk making sure everything is okay.

Last time we stayed, the breakfast area had been moved into an adjoining room giving more seating space. They had added to the breakfast food list, we always fixed our plates and took them back to our room because we had a children with us and we respected the Hotel Guests. Our 9 year old would have been fine to sit with us and dine, but our active 3 year old and baby girl would have had a hard time sitting still. We thank everyone on staff for understanding that we had multiple children and for trusting that we only took enough breakfast for one plate each.

The rooms are always clean, in the past there had been complaints about a hall odor, we can confirm that it is not the hotel, it truly is the bread from Subway. We thought it smelled delicious, but understand that everyone has their own taste in smells. Although we were not in a room in the area of baking, we did walk through the hallway to smell it. My husband said it made him hungry, lol... he loves the smell of fresh baking bread.

I have health issues that has the potential to take my life, and I will be at Cleveland Clinic the rest of my life. I hope Comfort Inn stays the same, it's nice to be able to have room and lodging plus transportation. It's stressful enough to deal with ongoing medical issues, and having a wonderful hotel who helps make the trip with our family easier is #1 in our books.

Someone in the past also had complained about the ice machine being out... we found during our stays that it's just mostly being out due to use. Depending on occupants we only went one floor down one time. When we do our laundry, we only do one load at a time at different times so to not tie up the laundry machines.

We feel nothing but good about Comfort Inn Downtown... there are many upscale hotels in the area that offer alot, but in our current economy if you want a hotel where your warmly welcomed, and excellent prices, Comfort Inn fits the bill.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in about 4 weeks.

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy B
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you so very much for all your kind words and I would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. We here at the Comfort Inn know first hand how hard it can be to have to go through situations such as yours. Some of us here have had family members that have gone through long stays in the hospitals and it helps to know there is somewhere you can go that can give you a sense of security when you are away from home and that is what we try to provide here at The Comfort Inn. If there is ever anything you need while staying with us please feel free to let us know. Although your not coming back for matters of enjoyment I look forward to seeing you again. God Bless you and your family.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Downtown

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at Comfort Inn while my older sister had heart surgery. It was close and we stayed there two weeks before and they were very nice. But the second time when we checked out I for got my sister purse and called them when I was home to tell them.Said all she could do was put me through to the manager voice mail and he would call me back. Well he never did and I was going back to see my sister the next day and stopped by to see if they found the purse.They said no purse was there and I did not have a room there.Well the cleck gave the wrong room number after a few minutes the manager go and check but I know there is no purse there. Well there it was in the drawer.Now all the other places I have stayed they would check but they did not . Don't think I will stay at other Comfort Inn. I will stay with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

I remember the situation and I had left for the day when you called and had not received your voice msg by the time you had shown up the next morning. You are correct the clerk did give the wrong room # for your stay and when the room was ck'd we found nothing. It wasn't until you came in the next morning that we had received the correct room # and I remember you going up and finding the purse. I also remember how relieved you were. I want you to know it was not for a lack of effort but a matter of mis-communication that caused this issue. We here at the Comfort Inn pride ourselves on making sure all our guests enjoy their stay with us and care very deeply about the way our guests feel after leaving. I want you to know I take your comments very seriously and have addressed this issue with my staff so that we may better ourselves and help prevent this same mistake from happening again.

I again want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your sister and hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

The rooms, (we stayed in 2 different, 2 different nights) were clean and nicely furnished. The beds were moderately comfortable. It was close enough to the browns stadium to walk, which we wanted to do. It was not easy to find at 11pm, and the office was difficult to park at to register. Even though the drive wasn't marked in front of the office as to where one should park, leave it to me to park in the wrong spot. Security was more interested in me moving my car, than me registering, which is basically how the whole night went for us. A major source of irritation and set the climate. We waited in line patiently, after I moved the car, and was registered without much fanfare. As we were going up to the room I asked my lovely wife where we were staying and she replied rm 322. I thought about this for a minute and as we were walking down the hallway, I said, I'm a little concerned about that since I could have sworn that was the room given to the couple in front of us. Sure enough, as we opened the door, there were signs of occupation by others, like luggage on the floor. We were met by a nice gentleman, explained we were given the wrong room and left with apologies. I'm sure his wife didn't sleep all night. When we went back down to the desk, the gentleman did apologize but didn't look up at either of us the entire time we were given another room. I have forgiven him for that, as he was probably African, and I believe honestly it was a cultural thing. It is, however, inflammatory in this culture. We did ask, for the embarrassment, for a room upgrade, which he denied. I again, feel that he didn't feel empowered to grant such a request. The hotel was not full. But we continued on, and for the most part, our stay was uneventful. Parking was at a reasonable cost, less than 10$ for the night, and secure. We did feel safe, and things to do were only a couple of blocks away. The breakfast was nice enough, but overrun. Again, the staff, mostly immigrant, worked hard but lacked polish. Not the end of the world. In summary, I can't say we'll ever stay here again. We had points for one night, so it was a bargain trip, but there are many other properties for a few more dollars, which would have made our trip much more pleasant.

Room Tip: The suites had 2 rooms, which would have been great had we had kids with us.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bgould1001
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Mr. Gould, I would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences you may have had during your stay with us at the Comfort Inn. I remember speaking to your wife on the 2nd day when we switched rooms for you and she did not mention any of the problems that you had encountered upon checking in. You are right my staff should have given you a free upgrade immediately and that is something that I have addressed with him and all of my front desk staff. When the hotel makes the mistake it becomes our responsibility to make things right and if giving something like a free upgrade can help, I'm all for it. I want you to know I take your concerns very seriously and will be addressing them with all my staff during our next staff meeting.

Once again, I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

The desk staff were extremely helpful. The reception area was clean. Our room was clean and didn't smell. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
daysinnrichfield, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Hey Jim, I just want you to know we appreciate your kind words regarding your stay and look forward to having you back soon. If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please, do not hesitate to give me a call. All the best to you and your family during the Holiday season.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I Have stayed at the Comfort Inn downtown on multiple occassions. I have stayed for visits to Cleveland clinic and I have stayed for conferences at the Wolstine Center. I have had excellent service from Mr. Baer the general manager and the evening manager Tim.The staff is kind and courteous. I enjoyed the filling breakfast as well as the coffee that is always in the lobby. The friendly staff, far outweigh any imperfections in the building or the area. I would and do recommend this hotel to anyone who has a need to go to the Cleveland Clinic or just would like to enjoy a getaway. Thank you so much to the staff and Mr. Baer for making my stay a pleasant one, as always. Pastor J

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JerralynM
daysinnrichfield, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Pastor J, Thank you for your response regarding your stay and I want you to know we've enjoyed having you stay here at the Comfort Inn with us. We look forward to having you back again soon. All the best to you and your family.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

came down with a group of kids for acquire the fire that was across the street which was very convenient rooms were very nasty hot in the overwhelming smell of subway throughout the rooms in hallway a lot of bums walking outside begging for money. would not stay here again

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank jback1131
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Arrived the following morning after first day of booking (my fault). Front desk accommodated me (when they could have given the room/reservation away) without issue. Breakfast was good although cramped on occasion (it is held in the lobby). Variety was good. I had no issue walking to the centere of the city but I imagine others may complain. Transport is only steps away though. Multiple food and a general store nearby.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo