“Great menu and environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Cento

Bar Cento
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Cento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lorain Ave.
Transit: Visit www.BarCento.com for a map of Bar Cento's location and detailed public transportation information. We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop.
Upland, California
“Great menu and environment”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had a table of 10 before a concert on a busy Saturday and had great service and food. We ordered several pizzas to share and enormous plates of their french fries. Their pizza was fantastic and they were very accommodating. Can't wait to go back and try even more.

Visited October 2013

“Amazing Cleveland Restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is one of our top 5 restaurants. We decided to go here for New Years and enjoy there 7 course meal. Traveling the day of New Years Eve our flight was canceled to Cleveland and after many complications we made it home safe. Although we were an hour and a half late they were very understanding and caught us up to the other guests. Out waiter was amazing and we had an excellent dinner after our hectic day traveling back home.

If you ever plan on going to Cleveland go to Bar Cento and get there pizza and pommes frites. We haven't tried everything on their menu but we have yet to be disappointed.

(Also I get there dough to go a lot)

• Visited December 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Busy but tasty Saturday afternoon”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We dined here recently after reading Zagat's 50 States, 50 Pizzas review. We drove from Canton during Thanksgiving weekend. The neighborhood that it's in is cute, busy and urban with a mix of shops and restaurants but mostly restaurants. We were seated around 2 p.m. at a table close to the kitchen. The atmosphere is nice. There is a separate bar area for those who want a sports bar atmosphere.

We ordered drinks from the draft menu. They advertise bar cento as a pizza place and a bier market. They did have an extensive list of Belgium beers but they were mostly in bottles. Decently priced but you didn't see rare stuff on the menu either. They only had 6 beers or so on tap so we ordered two American craft ales. I wish they would have had a longer draft list that featured more Belgium brews but I'm being critical.

We then ordered the frites for an appetizer, then a house salad, the cannelini beans and the Sunny Side pizza to share. The frites were more like traditional french fires (rather than the thinly fried Belgium kind) with rosemary sprinkled on top and four fun dipping sauces. The portion was huge! These were good and I think we'd order them again but we were pretty full by the time our other food arrived--which took a long time. I would guess around 20 minutes if not longer. If our food had arrived sooner maybe we would have eaten less of the fries! The house salad was standard, vingerette and the beans were lively. Good and different for a side item. The Sunny Side pizza was delicious! It tastes like breakfast in a pizza. The crust on the pie was wonderful. Salty, it had some pepper on it and the crust is perfectly crispy. It makes you forget all about deep dish or hand-tossed pizzas.

We ordered 3 pies to go. The chef recommended that we take them not baked at all or half-baked since the special crust requires a very hot oven. We took them half-baked and preheated our oven at home to 550 degrees and cooked each one for about 4 minutes. I would say we were pretty successful. They were delicious and the pizza got great reviews from our friends and family.

I would go back again for the pizza but I'd make sure you weren't on a schedule.

• Visited November 2013
Cleveland
“Very well prepared food”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We usually dine at the casual Soho when we're in this area just outside of downtown, but we decided to try this other popular spot on the street recently. The space appears to have once been a movie theater entrance, with beautiful woodwork and ornate tin ceiling tiles.

In spite of the word "bar" in the name and the casual atmosphere, the food is more elevated and seasonal, with dishes like charcuterie and squid ink gnocchetti. The rustic thin crust pizza was very good. The Food Network once declared it the best pizza in Ohio, but that's a matter of opinion. The roasted chicken and rabbit leg "roulade" were delicious. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a roasted chicken breast that was this tender and moist. We were impressed and would definiitely return.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bsfog
Strongsville, OH
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were planning a stop at the West Side Market late on a Saturday afternoon and decided to try Bar Cento for dinner after the market closed. Great decision! Booked our reservation easily on Opentable.com and simply crossed the street. Happy Hour discounts were in place till 7PM, which included a wide range of drinks and appetizers. We ordered the Frittes with dipping sauces for the table and the mixed olives. YUM! The frittes were crispy, hot and nicely salted. We asked our server for pizza recommendations and he said the Sunrise (egg and pancetta) was THE ONE to try. I wish I would have followed his advice. I ordered the marguerite pizza and it was excellent, but I snagged one slice of that Sunrise from my daughter's boyfriend and found myself in heaven. It was outrageously good! My daughter had the mussels with fritted and said they tasted just like the ones she loved when traveling to Europe. Looking forward to returning with friends when we make our next visit to the market for this fantastic food at a great value. Pat was an outstanding server too!

• Visited November 2013