Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
US$129
Travelocity
US$267
Travelocity
1,095 results
All reviewsbank buildinghardwood floorshigh ceilingshi expressnational cityrock and roll hallhouse of blueswithin walking distancefoot ceilingsjacuzzi suitelarge windowsold buildingthe breakfast areaeuclid aveprogressive fieldfree breakfastvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very large room with high ceilings and wood floors. Ours was a regular room w/ 2 comfortable qn. beds. Bathroom also was a nice size. Coffee counter around corner from bathroom would be perfect place for a mirror and light, to serve as additional vanity space. Elevators were very small, but there are several. Must walk down a flight of stairs to get to breakfast area. Breakfast was nicely done, with two very friendly and helpful attendants. Was not there for manager reception. Two computers were in this area with internet access. Not very private. Can get a microwave or frig brought to room, w/ additional charge for each. Public parking garage around corner from hotel is used for hotel guest parking. This is a $15 charge, which I thought was inc. in room price. No. For self-parking, see website for directions. Hard to find w/o them. Valet parking available in front of hotel. Many restaurants w/in walking distance, but tended to be upscale and pricey ($20+ entrees) or bar/grills with limited menus of sandwiches and apps. Mall and other downtown attractions w/in walking also. We drove to Rock and Roll H. of F. Parking was $8 I think, but it was rather far to walk and was raining.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After riding the scary elevator I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. The high ceilings and wood floors made the room feel huge. They had a manager reception which I thought was a very nice idea.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soltysiak
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had the best time at this establishment. From the time we checked in until the time we left. The employees are so very friendly and polite. Whenever they saw us they stopped to see how things were going. The breakfast bar is awesome, much more than we expected. Managers reception was the highlight of the end of our busy day. If I have the need to come to Cleveland again this will be the first pace I call to make a reservation. The people made us feel very welcome and like family. I want to thank Tiffany, Brittany, Maria, Daniele, Mary and Erica. Hope I didn't forget to acknowledge others. We stayed Monday through Thursday and every day someone went out of their way to be sure we were happy. The rooms are beautiful and clean. My hats off to all employees. Those behind the scenes that I never met. This is truly a team run facility

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very interesting hotel, in a refurbished building. I stayed in two different rooms two different stays, and had some family stay in a third room. Each of the rooms had the wood floors, very high ceilings, and tall curtains. Although none of the rooms had extraordinary views, the rooms were very pleasant, especially for the cost of the hotel. The layout of the hotel is a little confusing - self parking is just off-site, but valet is easy. The check-in area is a little strange, neither obviously accessible, but not overly confusing, either. Breakfast is on the second floor, and the room service food is from off-site restaurants. All in all, they're doing a good job with a great location of a hotel. Euclid Avenue is now mainly accessible by public transportation, so expect to be a little confused if you're going the wrong way on the street. Turning around or looping back around if you've driven past is a little difficult.
Good value, and great location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KHarsha
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First of all, I am an employee of a Holiday Inn Full service hotel in the downriver michigan area. I have woked at hotels for about 3 years, but have only been at this holidy inn for about 6 months.
so naturally, as an employee, I recieved a discounted rate for my stay when I visited Cleveland last weekend. I stayed 5/31/14 to 6/2/14. This was partially a stay to impress my girlfriend and to take her out to the great resturants down there. I had planned this trip for months. ( about 3) and as I am not rich, I dont plan on making alot of trips this year, this was about it, I wanted it to be great. I called to ask if upgrades might be available the day i arrive, I calld to see what ammenities they had, I called to see how far they were from certain places, I called ablout everything. I was prepared. Also, because I didnt have a vehicle I needed to be extra prepared. upon arrival I announced that I had just called (for the 100th time) the night prior to make sure that my upgrade was approved and the Front desk associate stated that I was not allowed to get an upgrade and that my reservation was not changed to a king suite, but instead it was changed to a 2 queen bedroom. ( how rommantic ) blah! I was so upset. i had been traveling for hours and I just wanted something to go right. The guy at he front desk proceeded to argue with me because I am an employee (was I not paying still??) (umm, yes, yes I was paying....) and therefore as an employee I should know that these things are not allowed and that we are to recieve "whatever is available. If anything is at all" .....!!!! you mean I travel down here for maybe nothing?? first of all, the guy didnt knw if I was a front desk agent who knew the ins and outs of the business or if I was just a bathroom or lobby attendant who just knows how to mop floors.... and he treated me like I was an idiot, and made me feel so stupid for not knowing the fine print that I was never told about. anyways, accepted the 2 queen room because I had no choice.
went to my room, and I was in tears. I wanted this to be a romantic, nice weekend in, at the very least, a room with only one bed... I was finding every littl thing wrong with the room, i mean, stupid things, like a wrinkle in the bed, a misquito flying around, anything. then, a knock on the door.... The OTHER front desk associate that was there listening in on the whole thing, was at my door. Her name I believe was sherry. I will be calling to find out exactly what her name was and talking to her manager about her. She was so nice!! she apologized for the rude man, who btw never apologized, sympothized with the situation and proceeded to tell me that she looked at my reservation which tells you how many times i called and it was accessed by other associates. she could see that I was telling the truth and that I had been planning it for a while. She then pulled new keys from her pocket like a majic trick! I was glowing! she upgraded us to a suite, (which btw, if you didnt catch it earlier, the rude guy told m they were out of....suprise!!) we went to our new room. It was GREAT! BTW, all there rooms have harwood floors, very very comfy beds and very clean ...EVERYTHING! the room was emaculate ! the hotel staff from then on were so helpful and kind and customer service oriented. Plus, they had a billiards room with pool and arcade, a huge breakfast area with great breakfast and they were always wiling to help! I want to recommend that everyone stay here. I have been to alot of hotels and I have never seen a hotel as clean, efficient and with great customer service as this one! 12 out of 10 stars! I will definatley be back! Thank you so much for making my year and giving me a bar for every hotel I ever stay at to have to rise up to ! And Sherry Should get a raise !! I mean, she should be a manager or something, she knew exactly what to say and when to say it, she was so polite and so sincere, so happy and very helpful. If not for her, even with the upgrade, I would not come back... she made it all work! thank you !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple