“Great location for RoR Hall of Fame”

Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location for RoR Hall of Fame”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is only a short walk away from the lakeside, where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is, and the hotel is fine in most respects--not great, but good enough. The initial check-in person-- when we arrived in the late evening--was not as enthusiastic as she might have been but the other staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle to take you to the downtown "nightlife" area, to the degree Cleveland has one, and the driver of that was very efficient (either that or we were lucky!). The big problem was that the shower did not work properly. When I reported the problem there was an engineer at the room very quickly, who did manage partly to fix the problem so that we could at least shower, but this is a problem that we should not have had to deal with at this level of hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Doubletree33, Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We really appreciate the feedback given as it will assist us with improving where we may have fallen short. We apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Again, we appreciated and thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Muskego, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was pleased with my overall stay. I do not have any complaints. I did not use any of the hotel amenities, so I cannot comment on those. Good location.... with in walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Although you did not have the opportunity to utilize some of the hotel amenities, we are hopeful that there will be another opportunity for you to visit with us in the future. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you were pleased!! :)

Thanks again,
Mill Village, PA, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Customer service here was great, staff was helpful to find places to visit and to get whatever you needed. Shuttle service was nice, being someone from a small town I would have been lost trying to find my way around. I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree33, Manager at Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to visit with us, we are pleased to see that your stay was enjoyable. We really appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My room was filthy I had to clean it myself and then when I did the housekeeping supervisor told me that was unacceptable to be tearing the room apart because i was on a discounted rate I guess u are not allowed to clean your own room when it's dirty from prior guests

• Stayed August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your recent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside. Please accept my sincerest apology for all inconveniences. It is our mission & culture to provide the best service and accommodations possible and I regret that we were unable to achieve our goal.

I realize that regardless of any excuse that could be offered, it would still fall short of being satisfactory. The concerns that you brought to our attention has been shared with the entire staff and urgently addressed. Regaining you confidence is priority for us and we're hoping that you will visit again to see how your feedback has assisted us with improving where we may have fallen short.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The DoubleTree is in a great location if you are visiting the Great Lake Science Center or the Rock Roll Hall of Fame. However, there isn't much else around the hotel.

The hotel was good. It's a little dated but they seem to be renovating each floor.

I had read some bad reviews on the elevator situation. It is true they are working on them and they seem to be working independently of one another but we did not have any real issues. We were on the 14th floor and had access to the club level on the 18th floor. We never waited more than a few minutes for them to arrive.

Because there isn't much around the hotel we eat breakfast and dinner in the restaurant. Two very different experiences. The breakfast buffet wasn't very good and service was poor. However, for dinner the food and service were great.

The pool is on the lobby level and was really nice. It's a big pool and wasn't very crowded.

Overall we were happy with our stay at this Doubletree.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul L
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Two of the four elevators were out of order, and thus it took a long time getting into the room. Hotel location isn’t great regarding proximity to downtown restaurants and shopping. Hotel seemed dated and a poor value compared to other options in downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Cleveland-Lakeside, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I killed 3 LARGE spiders throughout my 6 night stay & found another dead one in between my sheets. The food at the restaurant/bar was horrible & took forever to come out, even when no one was in the restaurant. Not all the staff was rude, but the 5 I encountered ruined it for everyone. I tried to complain on 3 occasions, but there was never a manger available. I left messages with no call back, so I e-mailed when I returned home. As of now, I have not received ANY compensation from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends