“2 floors of hands on fun”

Great Lakes Science Center
Ranked #29 of 191 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Kids, take note: hundreds of hands-on experiments and cool activities - science has never been so much fun!
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The museum is located right on the water. We used our hometown science museum membership to get in for free. They have a cool NASA exhibits which includes artifacts. Your child can climb on mars and get their picture taken in an astronaut suite. The human body exhibit offers hands on ways to learn about MRI and other things. It was very busy on the rainy fall Saturday afternoon.

1  Thank Slanz
in 15 reviews
"great lakes"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

In general, I'd say the actual science center was average. However, the Titanic exhibit is by far one of the most amazing exhibits I have ever seen in my life. There are probably about eight to ten different rooms that provide a clear
understanding of the significance of the Titanic in maritime and human history. The exhibit showcases artifacts and shares personal stories of the passangers. There are even a few actors who talk to you about your journey so far. The exhibit also has artifacts you can touch. I never felt bored and I thought this exhibit was incredibly well done. I actually felt like I was on the Titanic. If I lived in Cleveland, I would return and take this journey again in a heartbeat.

3  Thank LCMike0604
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Took a 1 year old, 2 year old and 6 year old and they were ready to go after an hour. I was planning on making it a all day trip for the price we paid but there were only two floors with hardly any exhibits. It was very dissapointing. ....

1  Thank wwinck
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Visited over the weekend to see the Titanic Exhibit and general admission (did not see any movies; been there done that.) with a group of 11. Overall the Titanic exhibit was a bit of a letdown; I was expecting a lot more artifacts to be displayed but was fun to see if my 'person' survived. Lots of reading. Same goes for the NASA section; very disappointed. The third floor w/ all the gizmos seemed by far the best place to get hands on w/ the exhibits. Lots to do here and lots to try out. One of the biggest disappointments was the cafe - I don't even want to use the word. I had called ahead and was told it was a full, buffet-style cafe which I thought would be great w/ our group - differing diets, wouldn't have to leave and come back, etc. A total waste of money for some awful eats. But by far the biggest let down was the staff. From the minute we came in, from the security guard (we asked directions) the ticket taker, the 'cook', the cashier in the cafe (by the look on her face, she HATES her job), cashier in gift shop and another random staffer, it was really disappointing to see the total lack of enthusiasm for where they work. No smiles, no thank yous, not even a general courtesy when you'd ask a question. Good luck on your fundraising when you have these people representing you in public.

1  Thank swan7girl
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Great Lakes Science Center is a gem in Cleveland. It's a great place to take kids. But, the current exhibition of Titanic artifacts was disappointing. It showed lots of dinnerware, a few personal items of passengers and the iceberg warning bell. I guess I expected more since thousands of items have been recovered. The manifest at the end was impressive...it showed who survived and who didn't. But overall, it wasn't a fascinating display.