“Doesn't live up to the hype” 2 of 5 bubbles

Johnny's Little Bar
Ranked #121 of 1,831 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was really disappointed with this trip to Johnny's. First let me start by saying that I don't write many reviews because my job calls for me to discover places for guest of my hotel. So normally I don't have to foot the bill so I am not particular about the service, but when I am spending my hard earned money am expecting the same good service any other paying customer would get rather it be a dive bar or a five star restaurant. So when I go to a place and spend my money I am going to write a review about it. I've been to this place once, but after this trip I wouldn't waist my time. I would think because I sat at the bar the bartender would have been a little more attentive. There was no casual conversation. You ever go to a bar and feel like you're bothering the bartender at their job? That's how I felt, not like a valued guest, but like a person who was bothering a bartender who wasn't busy. After finally waiting for 15 or 20 minutes I finally received my overrated and under seasoned "best burger in Cleveland". The bartender NEVER once asked me how my food was, how my beers were, or thanked me for coming to Johnny's. As a matter of fact the bartender who I believe may have been someone called Little according to my receipt never even introduced himself. The person who asked me about my food was Michelle who didn't even serve me. So my advice is if you have to go to this place request Michelle and run if you get stuck with the white guy with the short reddish haircut.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

danville, Illinois
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Burger was outstanding. Flavors made this the best burger I have had since a long time. Next to burgers in Moonshine Illinois population of 2.
Only downside, no grill exhaust fan so you leave with a little grease via the smoke.

Visited June 2014
Portsmouth
“Excellent Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a great little bar located in an alley off W 6th St. Everytime I am in Cleveland I stop for a beer and dinner. The bartenders are friendly and mske good drinks

Visited March 2014
Independence, Ohio
“Best bar in Cleveland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I have been to Little Johnny's at least 25 times and it has not disappointed me yet. I went with my wife for her first time and she fell in love with the place - great atmosphere and great food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
“Wee gem of a bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Just like most of the reviews. Great friendly service and one of the best burgers I have had. Half a pound of wonderful beef done to your liking. Chase that down with a cold 22 ounce draft.

• Visited August 2013