“Try the small plates.”

Ranked #203 of 1,863 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First time here and we really enjoyed the appetizers/small plates. We had the gyoza dumplings, pork rangoon and bacon guacamole. The dumplings were the best of the 3, but all were good. Not really thrilled with my entree, which was one of the specials. It was just okay...not great..I might have made a bad choice. One person did not like some spice/dressing on the the Banh Mi sandwich, just not to her liking. The wait staff was wonderful and very gracious, insisting that it was no problem to bring something else. So all in all a pleasant experience. The way that a restaurant handles a problem truly determines whether diners return or recommend a restaurant. Great meals are trumped by bad service.

There are newer reviews for Bac Asian American Bistro & Bar

Reviewed 6 January 2014

A group of 8 of us ventured in for a Friday Happy hour. There is not much to say, but do not waste your money. The bartender, Chris, had a bad attitude. The cocktails were poorly made(undrinkable), and the food was awful. It was an all around terrible experience by all! That went completely unnoticed by the bartender and we were the only ones seated at the bar. We left full drinks and uneaten apps and went down the street.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Wife and I went to Bac tonight for our wedding anniversary dinner with our son and his girl friend. Bac's is a fantastic place and we will be back often. The food is fresh, well prepared, and served hot. It started with a very helpful hostess. We did not have a reservation and the tables were full but she gave us our options so we decided to wait at the bar. Bac's has several original drinks at a very reasonable price. I had the Mekong Rest Stop made with maple bourbon, it was very good. We were seated much sooner than expected thanks to our hostess. We started with a couple of small plates, the bacon guacamole, sweet potato tempura fries, and pork rangoon. Wow! Everything was so fresh and so good. The tempura sweet potato fries were about twice as big as normal size and cooked to perfection. The Guacamole was fresh and the pork rangoon was cooked to a perfect crispiness with a delicious filling. Now here is the hard part - what entree to choose. It is not a huge menu, but almost every dish was something that interested us. I can be a picky eater, so my advice to you if you are one also - don't worry about it - the pairings of the ingredients work wonderfully in all the dishes we had. I had the Pad Thai a rice noodle dish with chicken. shrimp, napa cabbage, bean sprout, egg, dill cabbage, carrot, and scallions in a tamarind peanut sauce. Shredded fresh carrots and cabbage with crushed nuts were on top. The serving was huge, leaving half for a tasty lunch later. This was a truly delicious meal. The textures of the rice noodles contrasted with the sweet crunchy cabbage, carrots and nuts. The chicken and shrimp were cooked perfectly. The chicken was in bite size slices and perfectly cooked. I savored every bite. Other entrees we had included the mango yellow curry and avocado green curry. We shared tastes and I can say that both of the curry dishes were just as fantastic as mine!
There are so many other dishes we want to try so we will be back during the upcoming Holidays I am sure. The Chef/Owner came out twice during our meal, a nice touch. My son has been to Bac's several times so he was pleased we enjoyed it so much. He once organized a party of 15 to eat at Bac's for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meals. So Cleveland - please support our wonderful Cleveland food scene, skip the chains and visit Bac's you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank JR1_Oh
Reviewed 13 November 2013

....since that is the only time I was there. The bac sandwich was delicious, and the green avacado curry was great. I have some vegetarian friends from New York who will be visiting and I am going to take them here.

We sat at the bar, good service, beer selection; admittedly it was not crowded. House is simple, sleek and modern. I would go back and try dinner next time.

This is not typical asian food: the menu looks interesting and I certainly will try other dishes going forward.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

A nice alternate for lunch in Tremont....good service, and a flexible menu with lots of options and a 'build your own combo' approach that let's you try some different options. The summer rolls are good, but not great (l like more of a fresh herb flavor and less of the ordinary cucumber, carrot dominated). The noodle dishes were both good when we were there.