“Avocado Curry with Tofu”

Bac Asian American Bistro & Bar
Ranked #181 of 1,835 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cleveland, Ohio
“Avocado Curry with Tofu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I keep coming back for this dish. They make it to how spicy you want it and I love spicy food so they do a great job with this dish. My boyfriend always gets their pad thai and likes it. I have gone with groups before and we always enjoy their cocktails and share small plates. It's a little pricey, but it's fun to do with groups or when you have a craving like I do for their curry! They also have online ordering which is convenient.

• Visited April 2014

Parma, Ohio
“Cleveland needed Asian Fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We finally got around to having dinner at Bac. All I can say is that I wish we would have found this Asian fusion place sooner. We started our dinner with the bacon guac appetizer served with some great home made chips and the spicy shrimp quesedilla. Both great. My husband had a special that was an asian version of a short rib stew. It was wonderful and huge. I had a salmon special. I am a salmon freak so believe me when I tell you this was the best salmon I have had anywhere! It was glazed with an asian, I think, teriyaki sauce which was just wonderful. The rest of the plate contained rice and a perfectly cooked good sized portion of asparagus. We have not tried the pad thai, but we are planning to make a trip there just for that. We watched the plates being served to the other customers and couldn't believe how great it looked. Everyone had to take the balance home because it is just too much to eat at one sitting. Our waitress Kellie, was just as gracious as can be. Another of the wait staff, Brenda, was bouncing from one table to another cleaning, setting up and making sure the customers had everything they needed. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Try the small plates.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

First time here and we really enjoyed the appetizers/small plates. We had the gyoza dumplings, pork rangoon and bacon guacamole. The dumplings were the best of the 3, but all were good. Not really thrilled with my entree, which was one of the specials. It was just okay...not great..I might have made a bad choice. One person did not like some spice/dressing on the the Banh Mi sandwich, just not to her liking. The wait staff was wonderful and very gracious, insisting that it was no problem to bring something else. So all in all a pleasant experience. The way that a restaurant handles a problem truly determines whether diners return or recommend a restaurant. Great meals are trumped by bad service.

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Two Thumbs down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

A group of 8 of us ventured in for a Friday Happy hour. There is not much to say, but do not waste your money. The bartender, Chris, had a bad attitude. The cocktails were poorly made(undrinkable), and the food was awful. It was an all around terrible experience by all! That went completely unnoticed by the bartender and we were the only ones seated at the bar. We left full drinks and uneaten apps and went down the street.

• Visited January 2014
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Great Dinner - Wish I had tried Bac Sooner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Wife and I went to Bac tonight for our wedding anniversary dinner with our son and his girl friend. Bac's is a fantastic place and we will be back often. The food is fresh, well prepared, and served hot. It started with a very helpful hostess. We did not have a reservation and the tables were full but she gave us our options so we decided to wait at the bar. Bac's has several original drinks at a very reasonable price. I had the Mekong Rest Stop made with maple bourbon, it was very good. We were seated much sooner than expected thanks to our hostess. We started with a couple of small plates, the bacon guacamole, sweet potato tempura fries, and pork rangoon. Wow! Everything was so fresh and so good. The tempura sweet potato fries were about twice as big as normal size and cooked to perfection. The Guacamole was fresh and the pork rangoon was cooked to a perfect crispiness with a delicious filling. Now here is the hard part - what entree to choose. It is not a huge menu, but almost every dish was something that interested us. I can be a picky eater, so my advice to you if you are one also - don't worry about it - the pairings of the ingredients work wonderfully in all the dishes we had. I had the Pad Thai a rice noodle dish with chicken. shrimp, napa cabbage, bean sprout, egg, dill cabbage, carrot, and scallions in a tamarind peanut sauce. Shredded fresh carrots and cabbage with crushed nuts were on top. The serving was huge, leaving half for a tasty lunch later. This was a truly delicious meal. The textures of the rice noodles contrasted with the sweet crunchy cabbage, carrots and nuts. The chicken and shrimp were cooked perfectly. The chicken was in bite size slices and perfectly cooked. I savored every bite. Other entrees we had included the mango yellow curry and avocado green curry. We shared tastes and I can say that both of the curry dishes were just as fantastic as mine!
There are so many other dishes we want to try so we will be back during the upcoming Holidays I am sure. The Chef/Owner came out twice during our meal, a nice touch. My son has been to Bac's several times so he was pleased we enjoyed it so much. He once organized a party of 15 to eat at Bac's for dinner and everyone enjoyed their meals. So Cleveland - please support our wonderful Cleveland food scene, skip the chains and visit Bac's you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013