“Good food, adequate service, downscale interior”

Bac Asian American Bistro & Bar
Ranked #181 of 1,840 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food, adequate service, downscale interior”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Latest iteration of a restaurant in this location has had no significant interior improvements since the South American place I remember visiting many years ago. Different mural in the same spot on the wall and similar small changes to a setting that was marginal at best. A cool old ceiling will only get you so far, and they are far from rare these days. Stopped on a war,humid day and they kept the dining room door to the patio open the entire time we were there, as if they had no AC. Room temp was fine, thanks to an overhead fan. We had pho, spring rolls and pork Rangoon, with Vietnamese beer. The soup was very good, with a more than adequate serving of beef. Those who don't care for undercooked meat might want to mention that when ordering. The beef was stacked in the center of the bowl, with thoroughly done on the bottom and the top portion a lovely red. I've not seen the dish served in that fashion elsewhere. The serving size of the pho was at least a full quart, and that was the smaller, lunch portion. The spring rolls and Rangoon were tasty, but I found them to be overdone and the shells too thick. Of course these are minor points and I would be happy to return should a companion wish to do so. It would not be my first choice given the many other Vietnamese-Thai-Chinese restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2014

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
“Selection of good Asian food in Tremont”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What a nice selection of a variety of Asian dishes making the choice difficult. We shared the Avocado Green Curry and Kim Chi Noodles, both delicious with the right spices. Quantities on the dinner menu are large. It was pleasant outside.

Medina, Ohio
“Banh Mi in Cleveland”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

For the last year or so I've been on a Banh Mi kick. Unfortunately, Northeast Ohio isn't exactly the center of Vietnamese Cuisine. Fortunately, my wife and I happened across Bac Asian Bistro one day for lunch while in the Tremont area. To my wonderful food loving surprise they had a banh mi sandwich on the menu.

Everything about the sandwich filled my craving except for the vegetables or slaw that was on the sandwich. It didn't quite have that punch you get from other slaw on these sandwiches. But please don't get me wrong, it was very good just the same.

The rest of the menu is a collection of various Asian inspired dishes with very subtle twist and all beautifully prepared. We ate outside in a nicely shaded area and enjoyed the service we received.

As for my Banh Mi in Cleveland hunt I know I can get a good one at Bac Asian Bistro, but I will continue my search.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank watchyoursix
“Good food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Lunch menu is the same as dinner but only $9 a plate. Avocado green curry plate and pad Thai were excellent. $3.00 for small plates were a deal. I got the 3 spicy chili wings...tasty. Bac definitely made my lunch rotation.

1 Thank BryonG_13
Cleveland, Ohio
“Lovely Asian restaurant”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We've eaten here many times since they first opened. There's a calm vibe to the place and I like many of their food items. They have Bento boxes where you can pick 3 or 4 menu items and they all come in the divided box. Good pho soup. We like their dumplings, their Basil Fried Rice w/chicken, edamame, chicken lo mien, etc. Interesting cocktail selections. Nice fresh flavors and everything is well prepared. Recommend you check it out if you haven't already.

Visited September 2013