“Absolutely Wonderful Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are staying at Tudor Arms while my husband has tests at Cleveland Clinic. The staff has been so friendly and helpful we hardly want to go home. Larry the maintenance guy was so nice to give us the tour and history. He even brought us water bottles to our room saying that sometimes when folks travel they forget to drink. SO NICE!!!

Then the breakfast crew was so accomodating as my hubby couldn't eat after 7 am. They brought our breakfast to our room.
The place oozes history which we love and it is beautifully appointed with impeccable cleanliness. (Which I require).

We highly recommend it as we could walk to the clinic every morning it is so close.
The desk crew gave us great recommendations on where to eat and sites to see too.

In a scary time it was so nice to stay with folks who really seem to care. Words fail!

The only thing I would change is the charge for self parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Steven P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us regarding your recent stay experience. You can be certain that larry will be recognized for your comments! We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you have medical appointments or surgery scheduled at Cleveland Clinic, I highly recommend the Double Tree for your hotel accommodations. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle bus that runs hourly to the Clinic with different drop-off and pick-up locations. Or it is a short walk from Hotel to Clinic. I highly recommend the restaurant, and the breakfast buffet is massive! Highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I cannot express to you enough the pride that we feel in reading such comments. Our team has worked very hard to grow our property into what we strive for is one day becoming the best hotel in Cleveland, Ohio. . I will proudly show your feedback to our staff and thank you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would not stay here again. I stayed here two nights in July 2014 and one night in 2012.

On the most recent trip, they assigned us to a room that reeked of new paint. It had perhaps been painted that day or the day before? I was uncomfortable being in the room for more than a minute. A minor point, but the room also lacked towels. They moved us to a new room, which smelled fine and had towels, but when I turned on the bathtub faucet, the handle came loose so that the water was running into the tub and we could not turn it off. A plumber was called and he fixed it an hour or two later. Another problem is that after eating breakfast in the restaurant, we marked our tip, the total of $17, and asked them to bill it to our room, but when we checked out we found that we'd been charged not just the $17 but an additional $20 meal charge for which they had no explanation. After I pointed out the error to the front desk, they removed it from our bill. The staff was friendly, the valet was prompt, the beds were comfortable, and the room rate ($109.50 for 2 queen beds) was good, for this location, but these other problems convinced me to never return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurelridge
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

One of the nicer hotels ive stayed at in Ohio. Staff is very friendly and inviting. This place is built like a fortress so you dont hear anything outside your room ever. I liked how the breakfast offered soy milk. As a non-dairy consumer this really made my week. Hotel resturants are normally quite frightening but the mediterranean joint downstairs is fantastic. My ONLY complaint about the hotel is that if you have a lot of luggage or gear on carts its a pain in the butt getting up to the lobby; you have to take a smaller, seperate elevator to get there. Dont forget to take the tour!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was about to leave the hotel and the clouds were threatening, so I asked if there were any hotel umbrellas left. There were none, so the gal at the reception loaned me an umbrella that I later found out was hers. That experience typified my relationships with staff at the hotel. The room was quite pleasant as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Tudor Arms for two nights while conducting business at the Cleveland Clinic. My room was on the ninth floor and was quite spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. The hardwood floors were an elegant touch. Though, the hotel is not in a great part of town for dining purposes, the hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius - which includes Little Italy where there are some very nice restaurants. I ended up ordering room service both nights (I'd give that three stars) from The Canopy Mediterranean Grill.

Check-in was a little slow, but check-out was efficient. I recommend using the valet as the parking lot is small and cramped.

2  Thank AceBucki
Steven P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

thank you for sharing your hotel experience with tripadvisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed yourself and we were able to meet many of your expectations. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room was very modern with the most comfortable bed! The bathroom was a bit small, but was compensated by the overhead rain shower faucet. The service couldn't be better. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with tripadvisor. Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!