“Tudor Arms”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
CHARLESTON
“Tudor Arms”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is an absolutely lovely renovated historic building, with gargoyles and other unique features, near Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve. We were told that the Hilton Company spent $22 million renovating the building which was built in the 1920s. The staff were absolutely the nicest I have encountered anywhere. The food was excellent with mid eastern options.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 15 August 2014

If you're looking for a top notch hotel experience visit this hotel in Cleveland. A short distance from many things such as Case Western Reserve University, The Cleveland Clinic as well as University Circle and the Historical Little Italy!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were booked at another hotel which, when we arrived, was completely unacceptable, so we searched for another. There was a large event in Cleveland that week, so rooms were at a premium. When we arrived at the DoubleTree, they we very accommodating in not only finding us a room at the last minute but also finding us the best price. It is an old hotel that was been renovated with a modern flair and the contrast is in very good taste. The room are extremely comfortable and clean which is especially impressive given the hardwood floors. The breakfast buffet was very good, and they even comped that for us. We have booked our next visit to Cleveland there.

Fort Gratiot, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Don't stay here unless you have medical issues and need to be near the Cleveland Medical Clinic. It's not conveniently located to restaurants or entertainment. There is no swimming pool and they do have a gym but I think its only available if you are an HHonors member. Parking is limited and its $16.00 a day or $19.00 if they valet. I wouldn't stay here again. The bathroom smelled musty like mold and the t.v. didn't work half the time. Absolutely nothing for kids to do and they don't offer a complimentary breakfast. That will cost you $15.00. Not my favorite place.

1 Thank Glen S
Steven P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay at our property. I am so sorry that you had a bad impression of us during your stay with us. We try very hard to deliver a memorable guest experience to all of our guests and regret that you did not enjoy your overall stay. Along with my staff, I will take your feedback into consideration. We take your comments very seriously as it helps us continue to improve on our service and amenities.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

Steven Pittman
North Benton, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Updated historic hotel, within walking distance of University Circle, great location. Smiles and complimentary fresh baked cookie and fresh coffee when we arrived after long drive. Walked to museum, then walked to dinner at L'Albatros, then walked back to hotel. Each and every staff member went out of their way to be helpful. Best night sleep in a long time! Delicious breakfast.

1 Thank Carrie C
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us regarding your recent stay experience. You can be certain that the entire team will be recognized for your comments! We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.
novi, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are traveling to the Cleveland Clinic, this is the place to stay. My wife and I have stayed at three other local hotels around the Cleveland Clinic campus, they were all nice but this one was a little more friendly and half the price of the InterContinental. It is either a two block walk to the main hospital or a quick shuttle bus ride.

1 Thank Michael E
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel and your recent stay experience. We appreciated your kind words regarding our staff and location! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

When we arrived on the day of our stay at 6:45pm we were told that there were no rooms available even though we had reservations. The front desk clerk told us that there was a wedding checking out and they haven't been able to clean rooms yet. After some prompting they came up with a 5th floor room and after further prodding they got me a Hilton Honors floor room.I asked for a manager and was told there were none available. The following day we talked to a Mgr. named Steve and explained our situation to him and he was not at all concerned or sympathetic. He asked " Is there anything we can do for you" ( if you're not prepared for an answer don't ask) I told him that a comped nite would be nice, this is not the first time we stayed there. He asked me if I thought that was fair compensation for my inconvenience and I told him yes..... he said it was outta line...Well I asked to talk to the Gen Mgr. (Dave I think ) and was told he wouldn't be in till later. We were checking out and headed back to Buffalo. I called to talk to Dave and left a voicemail and he has still NOT returned my call. If this is the way they treat a HILTON HONORS member I feel sorry for someone who is not a member.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Paul K
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am however very sorry that you were disappointed with the way I handle your complaint .

I`m also sincerely apologize that your original suite was not ready when you arrived. but we did find another suite within 5 minutes. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this type of issue never happen again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.