“Very disappointed”

Market Garden Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Market Garden Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,868 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. 25th St. and Lorain Ave.
Transit: Visit www.marketgarden.com for a map of the brewery location and detailed public transportation information. We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop and are off of many of the busiest bus routes.
Description: Established in 2011, Market Garden Brewery features Cleveland's first American Beer Garden! We're located next door to the 100 year old West Side Market, in the vibrant neighborhood of Ohio City. Brew Master, Andy Tveekrem keeps us stocked with a lineup of tasty, session beers like our award winning Progress Pilsner, our organically hopped Citramax, as well as bold, small batch seasonal brews like the Trouble Honey IPA, the Danny Greene Enforcer Imperial Stout, and our Festivus Holiday Ale. In addition to our stellar beers, our talented team of chefs use only the freshest ingredients, with an emphasis on being as hyper-local as possible.
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Market Garden Brewery on a recent trip to Cleveland. Both of us being fans of good beer and food, I expected to be delighted by a roasted eggplant sandwich that appealed to my vegetarian tastes.

The sandwich and the fries that accompanied it were incredibly salty almost to the point of being inedible. I had ordered a side salad in lieu of fries but the kitchen made a mistake which was rectified immediately by the cook who delivered the meal to our table. However when the side salad was delivered to me it was completely soaked in dressing.

The beer was excellent but the service was very poor. Our waitress never checked in with us after our food was served and never noticed a mistake had been made in my order.

I was surprised at our experience considering the good reviews given on this site but I would not recommend nor return to this restaurant.

1  Thank ANewDayVegan

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I visited Market Garden Brewery with another couple on a busy Saturday night prior to attending an event in Downtown Cleveland. I made our reservation through Open Table with enough time to accommodate our schedule. Service was very fast and the food was fantastic. I had the macaroni and cheese with blue cheese, roasted red peppers, spinach, chicken, and ham. It wasn't a baked dish, but I actually enjoyed this style more than a baked version. My husband had a burger that looked delicious. I can't wait to return and try some new dishes and hit the patio!

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My husbands brother and his wife took us to Market Garden for brunch on a Sunday in February. We live in Canton, they in Cleveland, and I would LOVE to have places like this in our neck if the woods! Very cool, modern atmosphere, great location by the West Side Market, and their brunch menu was awesome. I wanted to try everything on it! I ordered the breakfast burrito (eggs, chorizo, veggies, liquid cheese, yes!), which was pretty large, very tasty and a deal for only $11. However my husband's dish was out of this world! He ordered the poutine, and I swear it was one of the best things I ever ate. And he only gave me two bites! It was a fabulous concoction of poached eggs, the best fried potatoes on the planet, breakfast gravy, that glorious liquid cheese, and bacon. I have been thinking of it ever since. They only serve brunch from 10-3 on Sundays. I highly recommend it! I would also love to eat dinner there and try some of their beers, it is a brewery after all.

1  Thank JenBone30
Reviewed 20 March 2013

New and interesting spot across the alley from the West Side Market. Outdoor patio in spring, summer and fall, with outdoor fireplaces. Popular spot with a nice variety of craft beers.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I like to check out local brewpubs when we travel. Market Garden did not disappoint! We were there for dinner this past weekend. We were about 15 minutes early for our reservation, which was not a problem at all.

Ordering a sampler lets you try several of their beer choices; it's a hard decision to make and they were all fantastic.

We ordered the chips & salsa, and then I had the shrimp tacos, and my husband had the chicken tacos.

Two things about the service that were off:
- One of the beers we had chosen for our sampler was no longer available. I gave her my second choice; she returned with the sampler and said she wasn't sure what they had given me...she checked and turned out it was the wrong one - but it was good anyway.
-We ordered our app & entrees at the same time. Our entrees arrived super fast - we were halfway done before we got our app. Luckily it was chips & salsa which go well with the tacos. :)

Also, when were finished a guy stopped by our table (a manager, maybe?) and we were going to take the chips & salsa back with us - we asked him for a container for the salsa and he brought us two containers w/fresh salsa in it! Very unexpected and super nice of him. Their salsa is DELISH and I would totally go back here.

2  Thank NashvilleBrandy