“Great Pre-Theatre Spot”
Review of Cowell & Hubbard

Cowell & Hubbard
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowell & Hubbard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cross street: 44115
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Pre-Theatre Spot”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Before going to see Jersey Boys we went to Cowell & Hubbard for dinner. What an excellent location. One block from the theatre.
The service was Great! The food presentaion was beautiful
I had the salmon, delicious along with a broccoli & apple salad., For dessert, MERINGUES with burnt caramel and sea salt ice cream,how different is that and yes delicious.
Yes Dorothy we are in Cleveland..........

• Visited May 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Food, service and ambiance all spot on”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

In Cleveland to visit the home town and was interested in trying another Zack Bruell restaurant and liked the idea of dinning in what I remember for many years as Euclid Avenue's foremost jeweler.
There was much we enjoyed about Cowell and Hubbard, from the service, to the space and the food.
Nice modern décor without being over done or too fussy.  We especially enjoyed the sound level and being able to enjoy our conversation without feeling like we had to raise our voice.
We ordered the frisee greens with chicken livers, and escargot for our starters.  Our server advised that they where out of frisee greens but could use perhaps romaine.  I am not a huge fan of romaine and the server very cleverly came up with the idea to incorporate a small order of the chicken liver main as my starter, good idea and quite enjoyable.  The escargot preparation was unlike the typical garlic butter and very very tasty and enjoyable.
Scallops and Salmon for mains where both well prepared and tasting.
We didn’t save room for dessert.
A great dinner ticking all the boxes, and with a cocktails and a couple of beers only $110.00

Visited May 2014
3 Thank tryingfor100
Rockford, Michigan
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I ate here before a show at the State Theater. This restaurant is walking distance to the theater so location is perfect if you are catching a show at Playhouse Square/State Theater.

This was our first time dining at Cowell & Hubbard. This restaurant was a great find!!!

After being told to be gluten and dairy free, dining out isn't always great. Bread was brought to our table, I told the server I couldn't have any. He then said oh, are you gluten free? I said yes and he said he'd bring me out some gluten free bread. Nice touch as I wouldn't have asked for gluten free bread!

Juan was our server. Such a happy, friendly guy! He was great in making suggestions for me. My husband and I were extremely happy with the food and service. I had a delicious shrimp dish with quinoa and the salad special, both were very good. My husband loved the tomato soup and shrimp sandwich that he ordered. The French fries a the restaurant are gluten free so I "had" to try a few of his fries, they were very good.

Wine was fine and my husband enjoyed his craft brew. Our water glasses never made it below 3/4 full as they were constantly being refilled. We stayed well-hydrated! :) Excellent service!

We were both dressed casual and were concerned about dining at the restaurant until we saw a few people enter wearing jeans. Had a mix of casual/dressed up guests. We'd visit again as a couple, didn't seem suitable for children as it was more upscale dining.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Spartans95
Medina, Ohio, United States
“Finally Made It ...”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went to see FlashDance the Musical at the Palace Theater and my reservations for Cowell & Hubbard were made one month in advance. I didn't want to miss out on this adventure. The restaurant is so beautiful!!!! The service was impeccable and the food was really fantastic. This restaurant is all about getting you to your show on time and still serving outstanding food. We sat across from the kitchen and watching the production of getting the food from there to you was fun to watch.

I would totally recommend this restaurant for any event. It was a lovely dinner.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Judi C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good overall”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went to Cowell & Hubbard with no real prior knowledge and had a very good meal. We had the Crispy Pork Stack which was very tasty. My wife had the Braised Lamb Shoulder and I had the Braised Beef. The Lamb was much better but the beef was good too.

• Visited April 2014