“Convenient to Cleveland Clinic”

InterContinental Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. We were a bit worried about noise, being so close to the hospital, but our room was very quiet (we were on the 6th floor facing the back). The hotel is very convenient if you're in town to visit the Cleveland Clinic or Case Western, but a bit of a drive to the downtown tourist area. There aren't any restaurants right by the hotel and the area did not seem like the best area to be walking, so you will need to drive most places. The hotel is valet, so it can be a bit of a pain to take your car in and out of valet throughout the day.

We ate at the hotel cafe for breakfast. The food was pretty good, but overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear db1985,

I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you found our location convenient for visits to Case Western and Cleveland Clinic. We are just a short 8-10 minute drive from central Downtown and just about the same distance from various areas for dining such as the Little Italy or the Beachwood area. I do hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of some of these options while you stayed with us.

We do have a very safe Campus as we are secured by the Cleveland Clinic Police who are based on the grounds and so I do apologize if for any reason you felt unsafe walking around.
I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast at our Northcoast Café but disappointed that you found the food to be overpriced. We do conduct constant research with similar offerings to ensure that we are remaining competitively priced and so my apologies if you felt overcharged.
Overall, I am happy that your stay was a pleasant one and I do hope we will have the opportunity to make future stays even better for you.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed 5 days and would highly recommend staying on the 14 floor with all the amenities. Great staff especially Anntoinette! She certainly made us feel like family. The room was perfect and able to accommodate three people. If ever I come back to Cleveland I would only stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Rich N,

Many thanks for your review. We sincerely appreciate the recommendation of our Club Floor and for the acknowledgement of great service from our staff, especially Antoinette. I will ensure these wonderful comments are shared with Antoinette and all our staff. I am thrilled that you were pleased with your room and that you have resolved to stay with us the next time you come to Cleveland. We look forward to creating another memorable experience for you.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Let me start by saying if you need close proximity to Cleveland Clinic then by all means stay here. It's clean and modern. However, if not and want a good nights sleep find another hotel. I stayed here for 2 nights catching a concert at Blossom. I could hear and see medi-copters landing on the helipad across from my room. The entire room shook. Sirens all night long up and down the street.

Again, it's a HOSPITAL location. My fault truly didn't even think about the noise from the hospital.

The rooms are nice and clean. Modern furnishings with a nice sized bathroom. The bed was very comfy.

Location- not safe to walk around. The doorman told us at night to take the shuttle to a store 2 blocks away.

But again, if you need a hospital hotel this is it.

Room Tip: Choose a room NOT facing the main street and the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear melboca,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy that you found our property to be clean and that you appreciated the modern look that was the result of our recent room renovation project.

I do apologize that your sleep was affected by the noise from emergency service vehicles going to the Cleveland Clinic and that you felt unsafe at our location. We do have the Cleveland Clinic police on site and a very safe record and so for these reasons we do pride our environs as being very secure.

I do hope these circumstances will not deter you from visiting us in the future so that you may be able to experience the exquisite service that our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My mother had anterior right hip replacement at Cleveland Clinic and we decided to stay a day at the Intercontinental Hotel, Cleveland Clinic, just to make sure everything was fine before the 200 mile trip back to Grand Island, New York. The staff was very accomodating, providing a raised toilet seat for my mother's use during our stay. They also provide wheel chairs for use on their property. The only complaint, the air vents in the bathroom and closet (in the the room we stayed in) require cleaning. There is a noticable dust build-up that should be vaccumed-up. Otherwise, the light colors and wide rooms make a stay for a recovering surgery patient much easier and more cheerful.

Dear Raymond K,

Your wonderful comments of our hotel are very much appreciated. I am very happy to learn that our staff was accommodating and that our overall service provided some amount of ease after your mother’s surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. It is also good to know that our recently renovated room, with light colored walls added an element of cheer to your mother’s recovery. We will definitely take a look at the vents to ensure all traces of dust are removed.

Thank you so much for your review. We do very much appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed several days and appreciated the customer service orientated Staff. Albion the Bellman and Nickolai, and Ryan in the North Coast Cafe were a real pleasure as well as the wait staff in Table 45. A small hiccup with some bad info about the City was well compensated. Enjoyed the quality of linens and towels. Room was very clean and well appointed. We will definitle be back.

Dear Hawk2014,

Many thanks for your five-star review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you experienced great customer service from our staff and that overall you had a high quality experience. We look forward to having you back so that we may provide you with another memorable stay. Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Did you ever visit a friends newly built house that wasn't yet totally completed? That's how this hotel was. It looked nice, but the details needed to be filled in. For instance, I went to the gym. The gym looked nice, but it smelled badly. I used the cross trainer that appeared to have several bells and whistles, like a built in fan. Fancy right? It was, until you use it. It seemed to be made by fisher price. Hallow plastic that didn't quite fit properly. One morning there were no towels there. Another example: so I was there for 4 days and after the second day of free, and really good coffee in the lobby, I was gone. I was there looking for it at 7am. Well, apparently they get rid of the free coffee at 6:30am; which coincides with the opening of their restaurants. I didn't eat breakfast there at all to boycott that cheapness. Although, I did eat lunch twice and dinner twice. The food at the place is amazing. Everything I had was great. From the lamb at the lunch Buffett, to the pork belly at dinner, all perfectly cooked, trendy, and high quality. The other cool part is the bed. Very comfy and great pillows. Other than that there were just several details that just didn't add up to a great experience. Oh, and the lights went out in my room, plus the shower head was very loose. All in all just a mediocre experience. If it were a restaurant I'd give it 5 stars, but it's not it's a hotel. You go to a hotel for accommodations, nod a restaurant. Definitely try the food though!

Stayed: July 2014
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Dave U,

Thank you for taking some time to post a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the food we had to offer and that your bed was comfortable. I am disappointed however that there were some details that you felt were overlooked and sincerely apologize for the trouble this caused you.

We certainly appreciate your feedback and will make our greatest efforts at correcting the issues you have mentioned with the gym and overall quality of product. We do hope to be able to provide you with an above average experience the next time you visit our city.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited Cleveland several times last year and stayed at the InterCon Suites at the Cleveland Clinic. This time at the main InterContinental Hotel. First class experience from the moment you arrive. Very efficient check in (early arrival), room ready and thoroughly modern for the savvy traveler. This time just a check up after a successful procedure at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic. Enjoying the restaurants, especially Table 45 which has a funky menu. Nice patio for a drink outside. Service levels are top notch. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Clinic and frankly, anyone visiting Cleveland. Don't forget to take in the Cleveland Museum of Art...world-class.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for a great panorama of Cleveland.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear DavidSarasota,

Your 5-star review of not just our hotel but of Cleveland is truly appreciated. Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments of your stay with us.

I am absolutely thrilled that you found our service levels to be top notch, that Table 45 was to your liking and that you were pleased with the modern look of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel as well as attractions of our great city, like the Cleveland Museum of Art.

We truly appreciate your review and anticipate hosting you on your next Cleveland visit.