“Will definitely come back”

and 1 more site!
The Cleveland Hostel
Allen, Michigan
“Will definitely come back”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great location and within walking distance to the Indians game, although a long walk, about a mile. We booked a private room that had its own bathroom so it was basically a hotel room inside a hostel. Very basic, no tv, no fridge, just a bed and a bath but hey, its a hostel.Very affordable and the owner, Mark I think, was super friendly as well as the girl at the desk. Located near the West Side Market and several bars, restaurants, and my favorite.....breweries. Great Lakes, Market and Nano Breweries are all a short walk away. And I hear more are in the works. We stayed 4 nights and the only complaint I had was that we booked room 34 and was put in room 33 which was right next to the stairs, oh yeah, there are no elevators also, so prepare for that. We had our 20 month old with us so the stairs got a little tiring but it would not stop us from staying again. On the roof is a little balcony with a beautiful view of the city and a great place to wind down with a drink or two. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: Its a hostel so most of the time you share everything, bath, kitchen, and possibly the room with oth...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingBowler185

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location..very clean.Privite rooms also.We had a privite room.very basic but clean. Ohio city and market right there.Nice kitchen and rooftop.Prices are good also.We went to the indians game and just walked over the bridge (long) but took about 15 min. from the hostel.many great dining choices and brewpubs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s g
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I arrived late on a Friday night, and the front desk crew left a key for me in the lobby. The room was spartan as I expected, but it was large, comfortable, and more than I had expected. The thing that surprised me most was the level of cleanliness. It was hospital level clean. I had booked for 4 nights, and because of a family emergency, only stayed one. I paid $32 for the night I stayed, but lost the $82. deposit. I know that's how it works, but it would have been nice to have taken my one night out of the deposit. They profited nicely due to my bad luck. That said, I would stay there again. The view from my room on the third floor was fantastic, and only had to deal with a little bit of sidewalk noise from the 3:00AM partiers. Had I not been so tired, I would have joined them.

Room Tip: I never saw the shared dorm rooms, but the private room is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank EastCoastMarc
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not gonna lie. Never stayed in a Hostel before and was kind of worried after seeing the movie. LOL.

We stayed in 33. Private room. Private bath. We could not find any housing even close to this price. Three nights for about 260. Excellent!

Our room is clean, the bed is comfy, room is sparse but who cares. We aren't here to hang out in our room. We are here to explore. If you need a tv, don't stay here. There isn't one.

Front desk staff has been delightful and helpful. Parking is directly across the street at the end of a strip mall. And so far Ohio City has been delightful. A foodie/Beer lovers paradise for us.

Hostel is situated catty corner from the AWESOME West Side Market.

Truly could not have found a better place to stay. Feel safe here even though Ohio City is bordering on some clearly unsavory areas, so far, I have not felt unsafe at all.

Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Oh, NO ELEVATOR so if you don't like walking or cant walk, this is NOT a good place for you.

So, to recap, NO ELEVATOR and NO TV.

But awesome everything else!

Room Tip: 33 P/ Private bath
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BuckeyeGurl72
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were staying at Columbus and decided to go to Cleveland without expectations but the city and the hostel surprised us , both amazing!!!! The kitchen is very big, the mattress is excellent! and the price is great! We are so happy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank iwanttoknowtheworld
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Arrived late to the hostel on a Friday, so the staff provided the combination to the door via telephone. I departed on Saturday. The parking lot is near a shopping complex which seemed to have a bunch of low-end shops. Apart from this, I could not rave about this stay enough. From check-ins, to the rooms, the lobby decor, everything made you feel very comfortable. The price could also not be beat. It was a perfect walk to the rest of the locations in the Westside Market District, which added to the experience. It was truly a delight for a brief stay. The shower in the bathroom could have been cleaner, but this was not a major concern due to the brief nature of my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank pghodysseus
Brampton
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Got to the hostel very late on Friday and left on Sunday. We had small hiccup with key which was mixed up with our neighbours but we managed to sort that out. The rooms were big for a hostel and the beds were comfortable. My friend and I had room 32 which was a 2 bed room. I will say we did not see much of our hosts at any time so it was hard to ask advise. Also I was surprised the hostel did not have any activities to get the guests together especially on a weekend. Beyond that it was an enjoyable weekend

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor will get a load of bleed through noise from the rooftop terrace.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends