“very good dinner, nice view”

Shooters on the Water
Ranked #199 of 1,863 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, View, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We dined here the evening before july 4th. It was very cool for this time of the year, which seemed to keep people from coming down by the water. It was way less crowded than we thought, good for us! I had chicken boursan, or some thing like that, Fabulous. My husband had a pasta dish with spinach and tomatoes in a cream sauce with muchrooms, also Great. It was nice to sit by the window(to cold outside) Had a great evening.

1  Thank catwoman71158

Reviewed 30 September 2013

you arrive in town after a Brown's game (and they won) so that you can have dinner before you go to a concert at Jacob's Pavillion which was exactly what we were doing. Even thought the game had been over, the city was still pretty active and getting through town was not easy. We had originally thought we would go somewhere else but with all the activity, we decided to eat closer to our venue. I had a Greek wrap and my husband had a fish sandwich. We waited way long for our food and to check out which raised my anxiety level as I did not want to be late for our concert. The restaurant was very busy because of the game and the concert so we had to eat at one of the bars. A bright point was that we tried a new beer, raspberry Shock Top and really liked it. The view is ok. You are on the water but the surroundings are "early industrial." Just another example of how I wish cities with potential views and surroundings would capitalize on what is there. I would go again and hope for better circumstances but I usually don't find myself there unless I am going to a concert so.................

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had a wonderful evening with friends, sitting on the water, watching the boats go by and the sun setting. The food, price and service were fine. It was great to get out of the suburbs and enjoy the big city.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We went for Mother's day for brunch - they had offered a "flower and special gift" for mothers. The brunch food was standard but good - the blueberry pancakes were especially nice, as was the fresh fruit and dessert table, and other than the fish everything else was fine (the fish was rubbery and not very tasty). The bussers were very hard working and prompt in clearing the used dishes from the tables.

But there was no "flower or special gift" and even when we asked the hostess about it as we were leaving, her response was to say she needed to check with our server, so she went away and came back stating that the flower truck had not showed up that morning and so there was nothing. (Like she didn't know that without checking with our server???) Since they advertise having a gift shop in the restaurant it seemed strange that they didn't have a pen, or SOMETHING, or at least an APOLOGY to offer for not having either the flower or the free gift. A simple "sorry about the lack of a flower/gift" before we asked would have been nice!

If you're going to offer something special you need to follow-through. Especially for a fairly expensive meal. ($30 a person, which did not include soft drinks, only coffee or tea). Even if they gave a voucher for 10% off the next time - they would make the guest feel like they got something and it would bring the customer back - a win-win situation!

1  Thank Marji36
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch this week, beautiful day so we ate outside. Food was ok, no problems, just not great. The atmosphere is great, located right on the water, great views. Only problem, is smelled like dead fish, lots of dead fish on sidewalks from birds. Hopefully, they clean this up as the season gets going.