“Good food, good service”

Stancato's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,872 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stancato's Italian Restaurant is a bright, informal restaurant since 1971 offering straight forward Italian fare & a cocktail lounge with catering, banquet halls for parties and events and buffets with great atmosphere.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first time here. We are on a trip to see my guy friend mom, so he had been here growing up.
To me it reminded me of a "Olive Garden". It is newly remodeled. Waitress was very friendly. Food took a while to come out.
Calamari was excellent! As was my chicken.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a wonderful Italian meal on the out door deck of this newly remodeled restaurant. The food was fantastic -- linguini with mussels for me; spaghetti and meatballs for my spouse. We arrived after 9:00 pm -- the dining room was closed but we were seated on the out door deck. The service was great, friendly and informative.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been ordering from Stancato's since I moved to the area in 2003. It is the best Italian food in the area and they have the best pizza in the Midwest. It is extremely convenient to order any size pizza, even a sheet pizza and have it ready in 10 minutes! They have a full menu available for carry-out which is very convenient.

They also do catering which is a big help for family gatherings or parties. Their trays of food are reasonably priced and allows me to enjoy the parties I host.

They recently remodeled the restaurant and it really is a big improvement. They still have the buffet though they no longer have a salad bar. The salad bar seems to have been replace with an anti-pasta bar. While this is unique I'm not sure it is a good idea. I was there with my family Sunday evening and heard several people comment about the lack of a salad bar. Since the restaurant also markets and sells their salad dressing in local grocery stores, you would think they would want to continue the cross marketing.

I also noticed that the food items at the buffet were identified by a black marker pen written on the clear sneeze guard. Difficult to read. A little tacky. Since the also market their various sauces, maybe placing the jar labels above the food items would serve them better.

They definitely need a better labeling method in any case.

The service was the only negative to the entire experience. When they closed for the remodel they must have lost several of their long-time employees. The new crew do not yet have it together. Table assignments were ambiguous and we waited 10 minutes before anyone came to the table. This was only after I asked the hostess to send someone over. Once they figured out which server was assigned things went a bit smoother. She was not a bad server but there were several incidents where she was working too hard. For example, she would refresh the drink of one person then on the return trip realize another glass was empty. Just little things to be worked out but important for a casual dining place.

Overall the food and atmosphere are excellent. Once they get the staff up to speed this will be the place to be in Parma.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I hadn't been to Stancato's since they have remodeled.it. The restaurant looks beautiful, with a stunning new wood floor. It is open and more modern-looking.

However, attending a Father's Day buffet, I wondered if they were passing along those remodeling costs to their customers. The buffet was 18.99 a person, even for children, and that would have been worth the price if there was a larger selection and a better quality of food. There was no salad bar, which was a bit surprising since this has always been a staple in Stancato's buffets. The small selection consisted mostly of meats, (maybe for the stereotypical dads?), and those were average at best. There was only one choice of pasta, with a few choice of sauces. Very little was offered for side dishes. The pizza squares were tasty, though you don't expect to pay so much for a piece of pizza. Dessert was available for an extra cost. Also, an 18 percent tip was added to the check, though that is not the standard tip for a buffet no matter the size of the party.

I realize that this was a buffet menu, but I would be hesitant to return. A lovely new look, but you may pay for it.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Grew up in Parma in 80s and 90s. Moved away in 2000 but still grab take out when back in town. All food tastes great and is good portions. Good job by Stancato family to keep it real.