“Nice location”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Like one of the other reviewers stated, I too was a little concerned after I booked a room at this hotel. Some of the reviews were rather negative, mostly concerning the room decor and noise from a nearby railroad track. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. The lobby is rather sleek and modern. I was greeted by the front desk and quickly checked in.

The room was very modern, with everything that one would need. Since it is a new hotel, the room had everything that one would need. Flat screen TV, fridge, safe, WiFi, wired internet and USB charging station. The bed was very comfortable and my wife and I both had a great nights sleep. The blinds were total blackout, so one is able to sleep in with no problem. We never heard a train the entire time we were in the room. The only negative about the room was our view. We were on the second floor, East side and our view was the roof and courtyard between the buildings. That didn't much matter to us because we weren't there to stay in the room the entire time. We also figured that since we were in an urban area, not every room is going to have an awesome view.

The location was ideal for going to the stadium. Across the street, there is the local light rail system that drops you off at the door of the stadium. If you head the other direction, it takes you to the Hard Rock and the Quicken Loans Arena. The one downfall is that there isn't a cab stand at the door, but the front desk will gladly call one for you. We got our cab within minutes of the call.

The next time I am in Cleveland, I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a better view, ask to be on the West side of the hotel. That side overlooks the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg D
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello, and thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown this past weekend. Many of our guests enjoy our location and the ease of getting around to the local attractions and entertainment venues in the city. The RTA line is very convenient to get to the stadium and a nice option for our guests who may not be familiar with the area. I will share your other comments with the team and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We will see you the next time around. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

So, I was reading the reviews for this hotel prior to our stay and was surprised to see the amount of so-so to negative reviews. Especially since this is a newer hotel.

So- we stayed here for the night recently as we were celebrating a friends birthday. Although we live around 40 minutes away, we thought it would be fun to get a room and enjoy the evening. I made reservations online and we checked in around 5:30. Check in was a breeze and the people working the front desk were extremely warm and friendly. Now, off to our room to drop our things so we can meet friends at 6 for dinner at Lago.

We entered the room and loved it. It's very modern. Minimalist with clean lines. I know there were some complaints about the restroom/shower but we personally had no problems or issues. You enter the room and to the left was a sink and then just past that a toilet and shower. There is a sliding door to separate. Maybe people didn't notice the sliding door. If that were the case then I could understand bring bothered by the lack of privacy

On to the rest of the room. There is a small refrigerator and 2 complimentary bottles of water. A flat screen, wall mounted TV in front of the bed and the bed. Basically the room looked exactly as depicted in the pics online. The room was extremely clean and the bed was oh so comfortable! Off to dinner at lago, the hotel restaurant.

Without going into a lot of detail, our meal was excellent, as was the service. I found the prices to be on par with other restaurants of its calibur. Drinks from the bar were good as well. After dinner, we left and went to WXYZ for more drinks. The WXYZ martini was quite good. The music was good as well. There is also a pool table that is free of charge and we played a few games. There is a patio/ deck area out front that would be enjoyable in warmer weather. Check out the next morning was great. No problems with the bill upon check out either. Valet/ overnight hotel parking was $20. I believe there is nearby self parking that is cheaper. I personally feel that the $20 to park is fair. Especially since in cities like New York you would be paying $50-70 a night!

As for the location, there isn't much within walking distance other than a few restaurants. This hotel is built in the flats. Right now efforts are being made to restore this area and phase one is complete. Although there is not much going on within walking distance, a very short cab ride away gives you plenty of options. You have the Casino, Playhouse Square, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, rock n Roll hall of fame, as well as west 6th area for bar hopping. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future! Thanks Aloft for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Aloft. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm happy to share your comments with our team here as you had a great experience across the board! I will also share your input with Lago, as we are happy you enjoyed your meal with them. We are all excited for the future phases of the development to commence, and feel confident that it will bring more people down to the Flats area to enjoy themselves. We hope you will return soon. Happy holidays!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed over on a Saturday night and all I can say is Wow! From check in to check out it was all first class. Rooms where very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend the bar and lounge. Fantastic drinks and the service was topnotch. So close to everything is was an inexpensive cab ride to where ever we wanted to go. I will be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and had a good time in Wxyz. I will be happy to share your comments with our team as they pride themselves on giving quality guest service. We hope you will join us again sonn!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I work on my computer and as a result of a wind storm the internet service went down during my stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. Front Desk Manger Aaron Baker quickly responded to my complaint and remedied the situation. He personifies service and is an asset to the Starwood brand. I am a Platinum Member and the Aloft Cleveland Downtown will defiantly by my hotel of choice when in Cleveland.

Room Tip: Restaurant attached to the hotel has great food.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown, and the level of service you experienced with Aaron Baker. I have shared your comments with him, and yes, he is an asset to our operating team. I'm happy to hear he was quick in getting your internet issue resolved. Thank you for being a platinum member and your patronage of Starwood Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Eric Cybulski
Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Sandusky, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel had its ups and downs, but the service was great. It had 4 onsite restaurants and bars, an amazing workout facility, and morning breakfast. The rooms were pretty spacious, and had o.k. amenities. Had a good price. Other hotels have more to them but this one was pretty nice. I would not fully recommend this place, but if you are looking for a cheap hotel for a night in Cleveland, then I would suggest it.

Room Tip: I would get a room looking out to the river because it has a better view. Get two double beds, its w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
EricCybulski, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thanks for providing us with your feedback from your recent trip to Cleveland. It's exciting being a part of a new facility where our guests have several options for their dining pleasure. The new fitness club is the latest addition to the Flats East family and is very impressive. We're glad you found great value at the Aloft and had the opportunity to experience the other businesses in the complex. We invite you to come back and visit us should your plans call for you to be back in the Cleveland area. Thanks again!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

A little hard to find, the hotel is down by the river, a bit away from the action. The hotel was ok, parking was expensive in valet. Check in and front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was entertaining with no-cost-pool-table and a nice little bar. The room did not impress me, this was the second time we stayed at an aloft and again we had trouble with the bathroom door. This time it would stay shut. The rest of the room is simple but functional however I would expect a bit more for the price.

Stayed November 2013
Hello, and thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown! I'm happy to hear the service of the front desk team and the amenities such as the bar and pool table were enjoyed by your party. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in the room with the bathroom door. Our maintenance team is reviewing the doors in all of our rooms to ensure they are in proper working order for our guests going forward. We hope you will come back and stay with us on your next trip through Cleveland. See you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the new Aloft hotel in Cleveland recently. No complaints, per say. Rooms are cool with a very young, hip, modern style, but still comfortable and the staff was fine.
I am a bit surprised, however, that there was no Concierge or guest engagement presence?
Based in Chicago, I travel often for business. I have been traveling to CLE on the regular for the past two years or so and have seen an incredible amount of development happening.
After learning more about Aloft and their niche, which is to somewhat get you out of your room and experience your surroundings, I am surprised at no Navigator/Concierge person.
Front desk made a valiant effort, but the reality is that a part time check-in attendant who lives in the burbs just doesn't have their finger on the pulse of what is happening nearby.
It would be well worth it for them to look into it, especially at this particular complex, which I understand has a bunch more development planned, is only blocks from the square and Casino and connected to a historic and nightlife district!!
Would I stay again?? Probably.
But, would I chose another location that has a Concierge that will help me make the most of my limited time in the city?? Absolutely.
Aloft..Do you have any plans for something like a concierge???

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jessie G
Thank you for your comments about your experience at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. We are glad to hear you found our team friendly and accommodating. In response to your inquiry about concierge service, we are working as part of a cooperative effort with the hotel and the local convention bureau to enhance the training of our team at the front desk as it pertains to being local experts about the city and what events are taking place. This will go a long way in our team being able to make recommendations so our guests can enjoy all that the city has to offer. We also have our Cool Concierge touch screens by the front desk that provides information about local attractions. While this is no substitute for speaking with one of our talent members, it is another option in the event our guests are looking for a reference to finding out what is happening locally. I hope this answers your questions and we hope to see you again soon!