“Always a great experience, but needs to keep an eye on little things” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Cleveland Downtown

Aloft Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Buffalo, New York
“Always a great experience, but needs to keep an eye on little things”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this property. While on the edge of downtown, it is perfect for where I have to work. I love the Aloft brand and the design of their hotels. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I am sure I will be back....So I feel a little guilty pointing out a couple small challenges I had on this last stay. Two small things were the lack of wash cloths (face cloths) in the bathroom and the fact that the coffee maker still had the left over coffee pod from a previous guest...which made me decide not to make coffee.
I travel all the time and stay in hotels often. This hotel, for the value is one of the better ones. Since they are still a new hotel, I hope that they keep an eye on the details to be on top of their game.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to be on the side of the building away from the railroad tracks. I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian B
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. I appreciate you bringing the challenges to our attention and we will use the information to improve.

Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Aloft is just a bit out of the way in the downtown area, but easy to navigate to and from. Rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. Bar was good and very active on the weekend. My driver told me that it was quite popular with the local ladies. Public transportation was not too far off.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Continue to check up on us as we complete the Flats East Bank redevelopment.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very modern, the room was very nice and the staff was especially cordial. The room was very very clean. The valets were attentive and wished me good luck on my interview and asked how it went when we returned to the hotel.
The restaurant downstairs has a great menu.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wprice224
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

South Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed for one night in late April 2014. The hotel was convenient to my downtown meeting and met my needs very well. The breakfast through the window concept was new, but very easy to manage. The bar was nice, although I was too tired make it back for a drink after dinner. It looked like there was a bachelorette party getting setup, so I suspect it was lively. Being connected to Ken Stewart's is a big bonus. Dinner with a colleague was great and we didn't have to go anywhere. There are other restaurants in the area, but Ken's is a favorite from the old days, when I used to go to Akron a lot. In general, the hotel will serve as an anchor for a section of Cleveland that is getting a much needed face lift. It can be hard to find using GPS, and the street configuration could be more helpful as well. Venturing out can be a challenge on foot, as it is at the bottom of a hill and everything you want to get to is uphill. I considered walking to my meeting, but the nice gentleman at the front desk pointed out that it was raining so I nixed that plan. Valet parking was very efficient and made sense given the price to self park. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: If you haven't been to Ken Stewart's, go.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. We enjoy when our guests appreciate our property like we do. Thanks again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights on the Memorial Day weekend for a family wedding. The view of Lake Erie was pretty from our 6th floor room. The room was very nice and clean. Beds were very
comfortable. The only thing I didn't care for was that
there wasn't a complimentary breakfast included. The food in the kitchen/snack area downstairs was expensive. There wasn't even a restaurant close by that served breakfast. But besides that, we really enjoyed our stay at the Aloft Cleveland.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. For future stays, please contact us directly to see the breakfast package rates we offer.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed one night at the Aloft. The hotel was easy to find and the valet was quick and efficient. It is a new hotel and stays close to the Aloft Concept. The room was very comfortable, and large. There is a cafe in the office building attached which has lower priced food than the breakfast spot in the hotel.

It was quick to walk to downtown, and we felt safe the whole way. There are many shops and small restaurants in the area. It is close to all sports fields, and the R&R hall of fame.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill R, General Manager at Aloft Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your future visits. Our location is definitely and asset and will only improve as the future development is concluded.

Regards,
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Friendly staff, very modern upscale hotel. Would have preferred more breakfast options but that's okay. Drinks pricey but it is an upscale hotel so it definitely didn't surprise me. Will definitely stay again and I highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visits.

Regards,