“The King Crab legs and service was excellent!!”
Review of Don's Lighthouse

Don's Lighthouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Don's Lighthouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 1,872 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clifton
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I brought my girl to this restaurant because she had a taste for King Crab legs, she was not disappointed. The atmosphere, staff and our waitress were very friendly, accomodating and patient. As mentioned, she had the king crab legs with vegetables, that where steamed to perfection, not only did this satisfy her craving, but gave her (us!) a reason for returning to this fine establishment. I had Don's Sampler which was nothing less than superb! I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for an excellent seafood dining experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Another favorite of ours, dine here a few times a year when in town. The seafood chowder is great, the seafood fresh and well prepared, staff is attentive. This is the spot natives go to over and over again.
I really have no criticism. Arrive during non-peak hours or expect a bit of a wait.
Good bargains during happy hour, enough to make a meal without breaking the bank.
Lunchtime crowds, arrive after 1 or 1:30 to be seated.

1  Thank mitiwanga
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We learned of this restaurant in the Cleveland Guide Magazine and it did not disappoint. The pecan crusted walleye was delicious and my husband had King Crab. He drove me all the way to Cleveland, so what could I say. You must have the crab cake for an appetizer. Our waitress was friendly and the meal was superb! No wonder the locals like this restaurant.

1  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We have been to Don's Litehouse many times over the last several years and always find it to be wonderful. We try to vary our dining experience and have been lucky enough to enjoy a plethora of restaurants in the area. When I say that the wait staff here is the best, I know what I am talking about. Their timing is perfect. They are attentive without being intrusive. I have never had our server ask me the cardinal sin of service "do you need change?" The restaurant is always clean and smells great upon entering. The valet parking is a nice touch. Now for the food.
It's always as described and delicious. If I were to fault one thing with this restaurant, it is the quantity of food that you actually get for your meal. The two major ingredients that make the perfect dining experience is the service and the food. The actual restaurant itself is secondary.
I have had the salmon here on several occasions and it seems that the salmon shrinks every time I get it. The accompaniments are also very skimpy. How much more would it cost to add a few more potatoes, rice or squash to a dish? If you didn't order a salad or dessert here, you would go home still hungry.

1  Thank miss_patty526
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A co-worker and myself met for happy hour at this location after work one afternoon. I had arrived first so I went in and got us a table. Upon walking in the hostess was very friendly with a big smile on her face. She asked if I preffered dining room or lounge seating, I chose lounge seating so we could take advantage of Happy Hour. After getting seated I waited and waited and waited for someone to come over to me. After someone brought me water I waited and waited and waited for the server to come take my drink order. About 10-12minutes later the server finally came to me to ask me what I wanted to drink. This is the reason why I didn't give the place 5 stars.

The food was great! We had the:
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Smoked gouda, cheddar and cream cheese, served hot with pita chips $3.75
We both thought it was amazing (and we've tried a lot of different restaurants around Cleveland)

Stuffed Mushrooms
Spinach, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, sherry cream, asiago cheese $4.25
Personally I wasn't too crazy about these mushrooms.

Prince Edward Island Mussels
Sautéed with sherry and garlic butter $5
AMAZING! Probably the best mussels I've ever had.

Overall, the food was amazing, the drinks were good, the service was OK.

1  Thank Alisia A