“Great portion sizes”

Cuisines: Chinese
Strongsville, Ohio
“Great portion sizes”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went to this Chinese restaurant on a rainy evening. Between guests already there and take out orders, they were fairly busy. I had read several reviews where people felt the service was slow. That was not the case for us. Our server brought us water and hot tea as soon as we sat down. We ordered the Family Dinner for 2. The price was pretty good, and the portions were good size. The won ton soup and egg rolls were very good. We chose Sweet and Sour chicken for one of our choices and it was excellent. We would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shelley K

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good old-fashioned Chinese food.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a lunch time restaurant for me. The food seems to be consistent and reminds me of the typical Chinese "comfort" food that we used to get when I was a lot younger...Moo Goo Gai Pan, Chow Mein, etc...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JrnyJunkie
Warren, Ohio
“Excellent...Again and Again...”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is my first time reviewing Wah Fu. My family and friends eat here on an average of once monthly (sometimes 2-3 times a month) and we live in Warren, Ohio over an hour away! If you are an East side Clevelander, you may recall the China Gate restaurant in Cedar Center shopping center in Cleveland Heights. Wah Fu is very similar, and "old fashioned" type of Chinese restaurant, Won Ton soup with lots of sliced thin pork, spinach, and delicious broth, not to mention the meat stuffed Won Tons. This soup is worth the trip alone, plus it comes with shrimp toast! You just don’t see that anymore. Their Egg rolls have shrimp along with pieces of pork and cabbage. They are always very crispy and hot. We get the combination dinner for two, at $21.95 per person, with comes with the won ton soup, one rib, egg roll and a small tasty square of fried shrimp toast per person. It also comes with a full dinner portion of Fried Rice. You also get 2 dishes, sweet and sour pork (we substitute Almond pressed Chicken…excellent!, and Subgum Chicken Chow main, which is the best I have ever had…the vegetables are so crisp they snap in your mouth and the chicken is all white meat, moist and tender. Hot Tea is free and the dinner concludes with an almond and fortune cookie. Service is always excellent. There is no downside to this place. After dining here we almost always head to the Horseshoe. (20 minutes away)

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank RTR6
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never coming back here”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We come in and are greeted and sat right away during a slow lunch hour. My mother in law has been here a couple times and said we were all going to love it. The restaurant had complimentary black tea on the table. The server stopped by and asked if we were ready. We ordered crab rangoons (amazing) and two egg drop soups (average). Then for lunch we ordered General TSO's chicken and pad Thai. The general TSO's chicken was average. The egg rolls were average, a little dry. The pad Thai was AWFUL. My mother in law lost her appetite eating it. My husband took a bite and said it was horrible, tasted like spaghetti. After begging our mother in law to let us tell the lady she didn't like it (she said she didn't want to be embarrassed. I've been a sever for 7 years, I don't get mad if a customer doesn't like there food and nicely tells me so - I fix it).
We told the server that we didn't like it and she asked if we wanted something else. (No apology). We said well we will just have some more crab rangoons since we knew those were good. They came out scalding hot (usually means you have a mad cook but whatever that's not the complaint). Then she brings the check over. She left the pad Thai on rather then swapping out the crab rangoons. Which cost $1.70 more. I know that's not a lot, but in this day and age you have to save all your money. We asked the server if she would take off the difference. She refused saying we ordered the pad Thai. We didn't keep the pad Thai. We didn't eat the pad Thai. It was awful. She took the pad Thai back to the kitchen so it's not like we took it home with us.
My husband explained the situation again to the cashier and she said no problem and took off the $1.70 difference.
I've been a server long enough to know that if your customer isn't happy you fix it. We rarely ever complain and try to be understanding to all circumstances. Because of this servers poor service we won't come back.
We have also learned dont order pad Thai at a Chinese place lol.

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Patronized the restaurant on 10/3/2012 and understand the name WAH F.U. because that is exactly the way I felt after shelling out 50 dollars for our family of 4 dinner special. The soup and appetizers where okay yet a bit greasy and nothing special. The main courses where embarrassingly skimpy on the protein and rice. The sweet and sour chicken contained only 8 pieces of chicken and soo much sauce, and pineapples that it was terrible. They should call the peppered steak green peppers-onions-gravy with hardly no steak. One chicken dish should have been called a celery dish due to the fact literally 3 crumbles of chicken that looked more like cheese crumbles. The other was to include pork,chicken, beef, and shrimp included 1 piece of each and again smothered in sauce. I complained to the waitress and female at cash register and their reply was " Chinese food contains lots of vegetables" I then said" but we received hardly any meat and not even a pint of rice". No kidding they both replied " so sorry come again". I will never eat there again to say the least.

• Visited October 2012