“Mouth Watering EXCELLANT!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Lexington, Kentucky
“Mouth Watering EXCELLANT!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Absolutely an awesome place to eat. A little cold inside, so bring a sweater. Highly advise the following:
Hong Kong Porkchops, Beef Guylon (ask for guylon to be cooked a little extra), chicken chow mein with pan fried noodles.
If you go for "breakfast" dim sum...everything is enjoyable.
Tell them, "Kentucky Wong's sent me!" and ask if Alex can be your waiter!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank swimsong

Oakville, Canada
“A nice late dim sum”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We found ourselves in Cleveland again over the Easter weekend. The previous year we had dim sum at Li Wah, and decided that we would try a different place this time and settled on Bo Loong. Our sightseeing in the morning ran longer than we expected; we ended up at Bo Loong for lunch at 2pm.

We were a little concerned that we would be getting dim sum dishes that have been sitting on the carts for some time as the lunch crowd had come and gone. However, the dishes we picked out were all quite good. The items we pocked out from the cart were very good, and weren't cold leftovers from the busier period. They also brought out freshly steamed beef rice rolls because we wanted a dish, and the cart was out.

The decor of the restaurant is a little old and tired. So if the surroundings matter a lot to you, this may not be a good choice. But if it's all about the food, then by all means, Bo Loong is a good choice for dim sum.

• Visited April 2011
Pittsburgh
“Best Dim Sum???? Not!”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Went to Bo Loong this past weekend. A bit of background: We have had dim sum all over the States, including San Francisco, NYC, DC, etc. I've had anywhere from excellent to very average dim sum. Unfortunately, Bo Loong is below average. Far below average.

The "skin" and "coating" outside each dish was too thick and not fresh. Very crude dim sum. Honestly you can do better buying frozen dim sum from grocery stores and sticking it in the microwave.

I was so disappointed after I had the first bite...The positive reviews here are very misleading. We kept thinking maybe it was just one bad dish, so we ended up getting about 8-10 dishes - one thing they know is how to be consistent - all of them were below average.

2 Thank sinhb02
“Authentic is the word. Bo Loong transports you to another continent. The staff is welcoming and the atmosphere is...”
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Authentic is the word. Bo Loong transports you to another continent. The staff is welcoming and the atmosphere is down to earth. The food is a beautiful song. This is no cornstarch and sugar menu. This is a culinary journey into the orient.

Baltimore, MD
“Maybe great dim sum, but the rest? Read on...”
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Reaching Bo Loong, I remember the days of eating dim sum there about 10 years ago. But this time, it was 7PM Sunday; all the traffic was at a restaurant across the street - people clamored for any parking spots there, yet at Bo Loong it was virtually empty. The only reason I chose Bo Loong was cos I had to pick up a colleague @ Hopkins Arpt at 8:30. So I figured I'd try dinner since we were on the expense account.

I ordered what I feel are benchmark dishes Chinese-style: Baked salt shrimp and kung pao chicken. We actually ordered baked salt seafood (shrimp, scallops and squid) plus a dish of chinese broccoli, along with ribs. Shrimp seemed overcooked; scallops were smaller than I expected; they seemed like bay scallops and not the large sea scallops. The chinese broccoli was okay but the oyster sauce tasted cheap and overly-salty.

Yet the kicker was the kung pao slop. I dug around the goopy mess for the chicken but could only find about 12 chunks of chicken but the rest were a bunch of diced veggies drowning in americanized sauce. I still have 80% of the rest left, which has soaked through the container. Perhaps Bo Loong's dim sum is great but what I had was simply not worth it.

The place looked pretty run down. The carpet looks uncleaned since they laid it down. The menus are simply computer-printed paper slipped in plastic sleeves. I wondered whether the large aquariums once held fresh seafood. The place looked so dated and dingy, I can't recommend the dinner menu items from my experience. Maybe dim sum is great but after they change the dinner menu isn't worth it, IMHO.

1 Thank steaksauce

Been to Bo Loong? Share your experiences!