“Highly Recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Wallace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Jasper
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Wallace Manor when we returned to our old home town of Cleveland for a wedding. We would stay there again, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for accommodations in Cleveland.
The Manor is an 1888 Victorian that has been expertly restored by the proprietor, Scott Staley. Scott has done an excellent job in the restoration and furnishing of this fine old house in that he has succeeded in maintaining its character without leaving one with the feeling they are spending the night in a musty old antiques store. We stayed in the Walnut Room and the bed was outfitted with a new, high quality mattress and linens and comforter you would expect to find in a nice hotel. In some of the Victorian B&B's we have stayed at, we had the impression that we were spending the night in great-grandmothers lumpy old feather-bed. Not the case at the Wallace Manor.
We were served a sumptuous breakfast each morning, with a different main course every day. Scott uses fresh fruits and yogurts he procures from the near-by Cleveland landmark, the West Side Market.
A major plus is the secure, off street parking in a newly paved lot in what was a vacant lot next to the Manor. This lot is also being landscaped, and will soon feature gardens befitting this elegant old structure.
Finally, Scott is a great host, friendly and engaging without ever being intrusive.
We cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Wallace Manor !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rmf2533

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My partner and I stayed at Wallace Manor for three nights on our way home to Michigan from New York. I had not read any reviews and was not certain what to expect other than what was written on the website. Fortunately, we were pleasantly surprised. The home is beautiful, clean and well decorated without being ostentatious. We have stayed in many B&B's that were cluttered with antiques. I appreciated Scott's, the owner, ability to see simple elegance far out weights an over indulgence in artifacts. He has done an exceptional job in maintaining the historical character of the home while carving out a modern, sophisticated vibe. Love It!!
I have to mention how gracious Scott is as a host. He's very kind, gentle and personable. He truly impressed me, which is difficult to do. He undoubtedly goes the extra mile to make his guest feel at home. The simple things meant so much. I really enjoyed his sitting in the library talking and laughing with us. I would highly recommend Wallace Manor. I can't imagine anyone walking away with anything other than a great experience. Don't forget to ask him to serve the house breakfast special, Benedict Wallace (grits, topped with spinach and pooched eggs.) It was marvelous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chasenlegin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I cannot say enough good things about Wallace Manor! I went to Cleveland for a weekend theater trip, spending a great time during the day on Saturday and Sunday exploring the city. Wallace Manor is well-located and was invariably only five-to-15 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go. It is located in an interesting urban neighborhood of beautiful old Victorian houses, many of which are still in the process of being gentrified. Although I loved exploring Cleveland, my room at Wallace Manor was so comfortable, the common rooms so elegant, and my B & B hosts so gracious and charming, I would have enjoyed a "staycation" right on premises almost as much. Coming from Washington, D.C., the room rates also seemed extremely reasonable. I hope to return to Wallace Manor with my husband very soon. Who knew Cleveland could be so romantic? Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Walnut Room was my favorite. It is especially specious. All the beds are comfortable and have...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank winkdrop
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2014

When I arrived for my romantic Valentine's weekend with my partner, I wasn't sure what to expect. While I had done my research on TripAdvisor, it's still something you can never be sure of until you personally step foot into the building. Happily, the reviews were 100% correct! Scott is a wonderful host who always manages to make his guests feel at home, but also pampered.

Whether it was the lovely bed linens on the most comfortable bed in the world, the complimentary water/soda, the delicious and amazing breakfasts (we are still talking about the bacon from the West Side Market), or the simple touches that showed how much pride and care that he takes in his work, we were enchanted by every element of our time.

I agree with the reviewer who said the photos on the website don't do the Inn justice. It is beautifully and lovingly restored and I wish I had more time to spend there, basking in the peacefulness of this amazing inn.

My only regret is that it was a little too chilly to try out the hot tub behind the inn, but Scott always made us aware it was available.

We cannot recommend this B and B enough, it should be booked solid every weekend! Of course, I wish selfishly that it wasn't, so that I can return again and again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTel79
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Wallace Manor is perfect. My girlfriend and I stayed for four nights while visiting Cleveland, and we enjoyed every minute at Wallace Manor. The house including the bedrooms is beautiful, and Scott is a wonderful host. He served us an amazing breakfast each morning (at a time convenient for us) with delicious ingredients from the West Side Market. We utilized all the common areas including playing a beautiful baby grand piano. Unfortunately, we did not get around to using the hot tub even though Scott graciously left towels out for us. Next time we hope to take advantage of it. You will love your stay at Wallace Manor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brad C
Campbellsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My boyfriend and I attended an event in Cleveland at the Wolstein Center. We wanted to stay somewhere close. My boyfriend had never stayed in a B&B before. After reading the reviews and looking through the owners website, I decided to choose Wallace Manor. The website photos do not do the house justice. The owner, Scott, has restored the home and added some modern touches. The heated bathroom floor was especially nice on the cold January morning. The bed was so comfortable. The linens were top-notch and the towels were luxurious. The owner is very nice. The breakfast consisted of food from the local market. The bacon, waffles, and fresh blueberries were scrumptious. We will definitely stay at Wallace Manor should we ever find ourselves back in Cleveland.

Amanda S

Room Tip: The Wallace Room is the largest of the three. However, all the rooms were similar and all the rooms...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaBrandon
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed at Wallace Manor numerous times when I visit friends and family in the area. Coming from NYC, I'm looking for someplace quiet, yet close to things that keep drawing me back. It's super close to one of my favorite locations in Cleveland, the Westside Market: a place to go if you are a foodie.

Wallace Manor is a grand building right in the heart of Cleveland's historic district: Ohio City. It is located 2 blocks from Rte 2 and a mile away from Rte 90. There are 3 rooms available and I chose the most economical room, The Cleveland Room. The room is really comfortable, like visiting home. They definitely used top-quality sheets and towels. The attached bath was immaculate.

The rooms about the house were beautiful yet comfortable., you can tell the owner takes great pride in his house. After a long day of being out and about, it was nice sitting on the side porch and just relaxing. The den has a nice tv and comfortable furniture for relaxing for the evening. For a quieter time, there are two separate sitting rooms.

I will definitely be booking again next year when I take my next trip to Cleveland.

Room Tip: There are three rooms, two rooms face Franklin Ave, and one room faces the side gardens. All three...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo