“rude and dismissive service I wouldn't treat enemies the way they treat customers.”
Review of Sahara Restaurant

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Let me start by saying this place was empty when we got there. it was around 2pm so not unexpected. but it sets the tone for the interaction that follows.

At arrival 2 waitresses/staff people were talking behind a counter, neither said hi or offered us any assistance. we asked if they were open (it was empty) and they said yes and just looked at us. we asked to be seated, 3 adults and a toddler. We also asked for a high chair for the toddler and we were told there where none, the waitress/hostess person had a rude tone but we ignored it. we were sent to a rather small booth in the corner. and she gave me a booster seat to take with me. rather than taking it and leading us to the booth. she pointed to the corner and sent us on our way.

We asked to move to a less crowded booth or table and she told us that the booth we were sent to is for 3 (we were 3 adults and a toddler). We asked to move to a very large table in the middle of the restaurant. She said no as that table is for 13 people (again, no one was in the place, no one was in line, no one was anywhere.
it was around 2 pm so not likely to go into a lunch or dinner rush either.
I asked if we can move two tables together to make a place for the baby (babies take disproportionate amount of space for their size, trust me) she said do "whatever" when we moved ourselves. she said, "fine you can sit there but if a bigger group comes be ready to move".
I asked if it was reserved for a group that was coming and she just waived her hand at me and said "whatever"
so we left. no doubt the clamoring throngs of 13 people were just about to materialize as we left.
as we left, the other waitress was laughing.

worst service ever. I once had to bail a friend out of jail for a misdemeanor, that experience was much more pleasant.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Royzig

Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent Lebanese Food & Very Friendly Service, the girl that waitressed on me was very nice”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The restaurant was playing arabic music, which made me feel that am actually in the Middle East, the restaurant is very cozy. service was great and food was top notch.

• Visited January 2011
McLean
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I've tried this place a few times, and been very satisfied each time.
There is one extremely beautiful waitress who shows some attitude sometimes. But you'll feel like she deserves to have that attitude :-p

1 Thank Adonis_L
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good food across the board. Extremely poor service.”
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Very good food across the board. Extremely poor service.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good authentic Lebanese...”
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Good authentic Lebanese food. Kteer taibeh. Really nice people.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook