“Eclectic Menu, Fun Atmosphere”
Review of Momocho

Momocho
Ranked #14 of 1,865 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$14 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Starting with literally hundreds of margarita choices- from cucumber to mango, moving on to an array of salsas and guacamoles- from crab and corn to blue cheese and ... Moving on to empanadas of lobster and cauliflower and an entree that included a pork chop with an exceptional mole sauce.

These people know how to do food. Every food tv show has popped up here, so you either need reservations, need to be willing to share a table, or be willing to wait. We opted for table sharing in the bar area. It was really noisy in the bar area, but that didn't detract from the food, and by 9:00 the bar quieted down so we could talk and enjoy our food. Bottom line- Momocho is terrific!

1  Thank Cabdg

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I've had plenty of chain type Mexican, eaten in Mexico over several trips and been to a few good independent places. Momocho topped them all!

Service was great, attentive but not intrusive though animated.

I usually listen to recommendations then do my own thing but Lee seemed pretty passionate. So my wife and I followed his lead and wow! The tamales, I had the scallops after sharing house made guac and chips. The chips were awesome on their own! Best meal in recent memory and a highlight of our trip to Cleveland!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food here is so good. I still think about the margaritas I ate here. I loved the food so much, and the staff is great.

1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Great service and atmosphere but below average food and value. Sides must be ordered separately and at an additional cost, which is necessary due to the small and under seasoned portions. The wild boar dish and a JW Black left me $34 lesser.

I was unimpressed.

1  Thank CELapadat
Reviewed 3 September 2013

good guacamole...food just so-so ..service was very good
odd Mexican menu...porkchop was good...shredded beef not so good..we do not have to go back